cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 cells 2 sims 1 account can I use my account to switch between Sims rather than damage them re & re

LP1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

2 cells 2 sims 1 account, can I use my account portal to switch between them.

I have been moving the sim card between 2 cells when one or the other misbehaves that is very hard on the hardware.

Question: can I just use my account to switch between 2 cells / 2 Sims Without removing the sim card ?

Enter the sim number from the cell I need to use.

One cell is Linux the other Android

Thank You Very Much for any assistance

20 REPLIES 20

@LP1 

@LP1 wrote:

@darlicious 

Thank You 😎

Lol...your welcome!

On my tablet I can turn it sideways....horizontal to get the 3 dots so i can quote if need be.....

Screenshot_20210728-164802~2.pngScreenshot_20210728-165624~2.png

LP1

I tuned off Proton VPN Secure Core, switched to 1 hop seems to work now.

Thanks again

LP1

@darlicious 

Thank You 😎

@softech 

Ah yes Simple--Simon can be so infuriating! That's why I wrote him off after giving it my best go....

@LP1 

The quote button won't appear on mobile browsers but you can tag another member by using the "@" key and a box will pop up....or keep typing the name til it shows up.

@LP1 wrote:

Yes ! 😀

Now if I could find the quote button people would know who I am talking to

yes, sometimes you get more information here than you need..

Almost like  when you ask a question with that Chatbot.. it sees the word SIM.. then it will give you everything related to SIM without really understanding your question..  🙂

LP1

One is Moto G4 Plus the other Moto G8 Power

LP1

Yes ! 😀

Now if I could find the quote button people would know who I am talking to

@LP1 

So getting back to your original question....I understand you trying to avoid sim damage having to swap sim cards between phones is that the entire reasoning? Having an interchangable sim card # ?

LP1

What I asked in the Original post is Not possible

the Original sim card gets Blocked / Banned from being reused after a new Sim has been activated.

I Can Not Toggle between Sim Cards

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LP1 wrote:

Thank You, I have already purchased spare sim cards at walmart

@LP1 

ok nice and then changed or what is your issue !!

LP1

Thank You, I have already purchased spare sim cards at walmart

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LP1 wrote:

In case there was any misunderstanding, I am not looking to abuse anything.

I just wanted a way to switch between cells when one goes down without damaging hardware by removing and replacing the Sim into different cells 1 is Micro the other Nano.

I am a School Bus driver so I need redundancy, a way to get a cell up fast.

Answer is: the original Sim card gets Blocked / Banned  when a new sim number is entered in my account

@LP1 

if you want to buy it a brand new SIM card .

i suggest you get a NEW SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click HERE 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

or 

Too easy buy it online or in store visit HERE , or Pickup 1-2 Hours.

and

How To Change Your SIM Card, visit Here for more information.

the SIM change functionality has been re-enabled in My Account, now with an additional security step: 2 factor authentication to further protect against SIM card fraud.In order to change the SIM card associated with your account, you must now verify your request through a one-time security code that will be sent via SMS or email.To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, or via SMS to your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket.

1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set!

LP1

I have another account for my Daughter that I pay and manage but is Not related to the original post.

it was an answer to someone explaining how to have multiple accounts in this thread

@LP1 

I have a back up flip phone that gets put into service everytime the bf loses or breaks his phone (which is a lot) and slipping the full size sim card with two snapped out frames is a major pain in my hip!

But let me understand this....do you have to active sim cards but prefer to just use the one phone? Or were you asking a theoritical question? Would call forwarding help your situation?

LP1

Thank You

I already have more than 1 account

LP1

In case there was any misunderstanding, I am not looking to abuse anything.

I just wanted a way to switch between cells when one goes down without damaging hardware by removing and replacing the Sim into different cells 1 is Micro the other Nano.

I am a School Bus driver so I need redundancy, a way to get a cell up fast.

Answer is: the original Sim card gets Blocked / Banned  when a new sim number is entered in my account

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LP1 

at public mobile service is Prepaid and the don't have that opinion.
one SIM card for one account for second SIM card you need to open new account with new Email and you can use it your all same your information.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LP1 

Ummm...no? Two active sim cards from pm? Which would be two separate accounts. You swap sims in your phones but not between accounts.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@LP1 

You can only have 1 active sim on one account. If you swap sim numbers then the original sim can no longer be used. 

Need Help? Let's chat.