cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Plus 7 Pro Network issues

thill618
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI,

I can make calls on my new phone with not issues, but I can't access my data plan.

I have reset my network settings, but still no data even though I have lots available.

Thanks

Tanya

7 REPLIES 7

fone

Hey I have an international version of the oneplus7 and even with these settings it gets intermittent or (as of late) no service data or otherwise. It seems Public Mobile cannot support this device?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@thill618 wrote:

It was missing some information from the APN on the new phone, once I added the missing info it works great.

Thanks

@thill618 out of curiosity, do you remember which info?   I'm really surprised you had to modify the APN, though as I said, I wouldn't have been surprised if you'd had to select the correct one.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

thill618

It was missing some information from the APN on the new phone, once I added the missing info it works great.

Thanks

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@thill618 wrote:

HI,

I can make calls on my new phone with not issues, but I can't access my data plan.

I have reset my network settings, but still no data even though I have lots available.

Thanks

Tanya

@thill618 have you previously had data flowing on Public Mobile with this phone?  Double-check that you aren't on the Telus APN isntead of Public mobile.  Go to settings, Wi-Fi & Internet, SIM & network, tap on SIM 1 or SIM 2 (whichever has your PM SIM card), then Access Point Names.  Is your selected option "Public Mobile", or something else?  If it's something else, select Public Mobile.  You may need to restart your phone afterward.

My OnePlus 7 out of the box was going to the "Telus SP" APN.  I have heard of others having the same issue with the 7 Pro.  Odd, given my previous OnePlus devices correctly selected Public Mobile without any action required from me.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If the issue persists, contact a moderator by clicking question mark, bottom right, and follow instructions.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@thill618 These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Do you have the apn settings entered?

Need Help? Let's chat.