cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will not accept my vouch

pepper01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

did not accept my payment voucher, my sim card is activated, my register and i am on the plan but when i go to put my voucher is says 404 not found

24 REPLIES 24

@pepper01  Once the moderators help sort out your account and you know your voucher has been redeemed on your account if you wouldn't mind adding a pic to the voucher catalogue it would gonna long way in helping members in the future. Thx!

@wetcoaster wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@popping wrote:

Please note that some store sell the voucher with 1 or 2 day delay.

Just curious here - does ANYBODY have some further info on this "voucher delay" business? When I was using Lucky, I used to buy vouchers at Real Canadian Superstore, and they worked right away, so the idea that PM vouchers, bought from certain stores, would have some sort of delay seems a bit.... well.... primitive. 🤔 

It does indeed sound primitive. I am no expert on payment vouchers, so I can only speculate. It looks like some stores do not activate them in real time. The transactions are likely "batched", run overnight or something to that effect. It was likely setup this way years ago and was never changed.

From my limited experience I'd be tempted to disagree...

Before starting to support the little guy around the corner I got my vouchers from the local Shoppers. Their vouchers seemed to be active right away for several months and then it seemed they had changed systems and the delayed activations started happening.

Once I've found out about the corner store selling PM vouchers I didn't get them from the drug store anymore, so I don't know where they are at now.

Thanks for sharing, good to know!

@LovesToPM wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@popping wrote:

Just curious here - does ANYBODY have some further info on this "voucher delay" business? When I was using Lucky, I used to buy vouchers at Real Canadian Superstore, and they worked right away, so the idea that PM vouchers, bought from certain stores, would have some sort of delay seems a bit.... well.... primitive. 🤔 

It does indeed sound primitive. I am no expert on payment vouchers, so I can only speculate. It looks like some stores do not activate them in real time. The transactions are likely "batched", run overnight or something to that effect. It was likely setup this way years ago and was never changed.

From my limited experience I'd be tempted to disagree...

Before starting to support the little guy around the corner I got my vouchers from the local Shoppers. Their vouchers seemed to be active right away for several months and then it seemed they had changed systems and the delayed activations started happening.

Once I've found out about the corner store selling PM vouchers I didn't get them from the drug store anymore, so I don't know where they are at now.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@popping wrote:

@CannonFodder 

My theory is that it depends on the merchant service network the retailer uses.

I think bigger chains might be using a system that works a bit like credit card terminals - the day's transactions are consolidated at the end of the day (or shift, depending on protocol) and processed in batches.

My local corner store uses a service called nowprepay.ca. It is a separate machine from other terminals behind their counter, and occasionally it takes a bit for it to spit out the voucher PIN. But up to now (2.5 years and counting) it's always been active right away. Or at least after the couple of minutes that it takes me from the store to my computer.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@popping wrote:

@popping wrote:

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I believe you had an activation error. 

@pepper01 If I understood your message correctly you were acivating a new line  with a voucher.  and then got a 404 error.  you have since received a email welcoming you to PM. 

this means you have used the voucher to pay for the account activation.  from that point on stuff went wrong.  If you can not login it means activation/payment worked but account was not created, and if you can not make calls then the plan was not added.

if you can not call or can not login then you need to contact the moderators.  nothing we can do for you, unfortunatly.

@pepper01 

You can try redeeming your voucher tomorrow.

If you cannot logon your account or reset the password, you'll need Moderator help.

To submit a ticket: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

pepper01

no it will not let me

Ok that means you are on public mobile network i

If you are on the public mobile network you can try adding your voucher now by dialing 611. It should work

It looks like there were some technical issues.

Can you make it into your selfserve?

@pepper01 wrote:

it is finally saying public mobile on the phone now?  so what does that mean

You called 611? So your phone is working now?

You can try redeeming your voucher.

What about your self-serve account?

Can you logon? https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

or reset your password? https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

pepper01

it is finally saying public mobile on the phone now?  so what does that mean

@pepper01 wrote:

when i try to login  on computer to my account it says 

Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again. 

Even when trying to reset your password?

pepper01

when i try to login  on computer to my account it says 

Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again. 

@pepper01 wrote:

no cannot call no text

activated online

Try resetting your account password

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

pepper01

no cannot call no text

activated online

@pepper01 Does your phone say it's connected to Public Mobile network?

Are you able to text or make kind of call?

Btw where did you activate? In-store or online from home?

pepper01

did all the right stuff with the voucher? but  where would i find out if thats the problem? if there is a delay on the voucher to my account? also the time on the phone is still not right as well

pepper01

tried restarting my phone ..same..this is a new account with a new phone, all the info filled out  i got an email saying i am welcomed  to public mobile, but when i try to login it says  "sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again"

when i try to login on the computer 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@pepper01 wrote:

did not accept my payment voucher, my sim card is activated, my register and i am on the plan but when i go to put my voucher is says 404 not found

Btw that's good advice given by Popping.

Also try clearing your browser cache and opening a new tab using incognito mode.

Enter the 12 digit pin from your payment voucher. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt. Below is an example, so you know what to look for:

Public Mobile - Knowledge Base Articles Overhaul DESIGN-Receipts Aug9

As mentioned, you may have to wait til tomorrow to try again as some vouchers have delayed activation.

@pepper01 wrote:

when i call the 611 it says celluar network not available for voice calls

Try restarting your phone.

pepper01

when i call the 611 it says celluar network not available for voice calls

pepper01
perfect i will try the 611, thanks

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pepper01 wrote:

Restart your browser and try again.

You can also call 611 from your phone and follow the voice prompt to add your topup voucher to your account.

Please note that some stores sell the voucher with 1 or 2 day delay.

Need Help? Let's chat.