cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why my account is expired?

Shuyingmo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have enough fund ( active credit card) , why my account is expired?

8 REPLIES 8

@kanyere wrote:

I have hard time to access my account to pay.

I need help.

Can you give us more details? Are you using a voucher or cc? Can you access self service or call 611 from your phone?

kanyere
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have hard time to access my account to pay.

I need help.

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just as a follow-up, the finance department did get back to the moderator and my credit card has been approved to use with PM. As to why this suddenly happened where my BMO MasterCard was no longer being accepted, that remains a mystery. The moderator stated that my bank may have done an update with my profile at their end, which PM would have seen my billing address as a mismatch, and PM would not charge the card due to potential fraud. These bank updates can happen at random. It's strange that I have all sorts of automatic payments that are charged to my credit card and not had any problems. I had contacted my bank and they did not see any declined transactions with my credit card. My billing information hasn't changed since I opened the credit card.

As a preventative measure, it wouldn't be a bad idea other for other members to try and add funds to their account, even $1, before their payment is due to come out.

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had the same issue with my account being suspended this past Friday. Here is what happened, and hopefully this information is helpful to anybody that is having this experience.

This issue had never happened to me before. I was unable to make or receive phone calls, send or receive text messages, or use phone data (even my add-ons). All incoming calls would go to voicemail (I don't know if I had any voicemail messages to confirm that the system would store my messages). I had people send me text messages during the day but they never came through once my account was re-activated. Fortunately I had access to another phone and internet aside from my phone to check into the issue. The self-serve indicated that my account was suspended but not to worry if I had auto-pay enabled. I attempted to manually make a payment through the self-service with my card on file, which did not work. I also wasn't able to update my credit card information on the self-serve (my card is not expired). I tried using *611 to make a payment with my credit card on file, which the automated system told me to contact my credit card company. My credit card company reported that there were no declined transactions or issues with my credit card. I suspected that there was a problem with the payment system. I went to Wal-Mart to purchase a voucher, applied it, and everything was up and running immediately.

For anybody that does not have access to another phone or internet aside from their phone, this is a bit of a concern, and it is worth heeding the advice of @Staliger to have a voucher on hand for any system hiccups. Google indicates that there are online sources to purchase vouchers, which are available at an additional cost.

@Shuyingmo The normal PM renewal process is expired, then suspended, payment comes out at 2am est (on the self service account date) then the plan resets for the next 30 day cycle at 6am est. Once your phone is working properly ignore it. Just check for you 611 payment thankyou text message tomorrow.
Renewal process screenshots https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/If-I-have-a-credit-35-00-does...

Stay safe

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shuyingmo 

What is your renewal date on top of your overview page after login?

If the renewal data is Apr 6, 2020, ignore the expire status if your phone is working.  This is normal on the evening before your renewal date.  Tomorrow morning, your account status will be back to Active.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Shuyingmo Just want to mention that Autopay sometimes may fail, and your account can be suspended. That is why it is recommended to do manual payment even with enabled Autopay to prevent all issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shuyingmo wrote:

I have enough fund ( active credit card) , why my account is expired?

If your services are still working then don't worry about all the dire warnings going on in your account. It should all settle down by the morning.

Need Help? Let's chat.