cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why did autopay stop working

mferre
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's been fine for the past few months, but now my account is suspended.  My credit card company has no record of any attempt from Public Mobile to charge the card recently.  I also can't successfully add another credit card.  This looks like it's entirely on your end.  What gives?

11 REPLIES 11

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mferre wrote:

Thanks for the info - had no idea autopay was so unreliable with Public Mobile.

Cause they'd honestly rather we all switch to koodo/Telus so they'd make more money, but we all know better, lol.

mferre

Thanks for the info - had no idea autopay was so unreliable with Public Mobile.

@totalUser wrote:

@CannonFodder 🙂

Think I'm realist 

LOL, sad, but true! I guess I'm leaning towards optimist(or should that be daredevil), cuz I'm still not sure whether or not I'm going to add some funds for my next renewal, or just let it go, and see whether or not autopay actually works.

@CannonFodder 🙂

Think I'm realist 

@totalUser wrote:

I'm paying manually to avoid this.

I get rewards because i an registered for autopay but i will never let it go through, pay the bill when I'm paying my electricity bill, actually i have two cycles worth on my account balance. I know my luck so I'm not taking chances.

Everybody i know i advise the same. It is prepaid service so you can think of it as a coin carwash, you have to add coin before it counts down completely otherwise it turns into a headache

Guess that's the pessimist in you coming out? 😉 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I'm paying manually to avoid this.

I get rewards because i an registered for autopay but i will never let it go through, pay the bill when I'm paying my electricity bill, actually i have two cycles worth on my account balance. I know my luck so I'm not taking chances.

Everybody i know i advise the same. It is prepaid service so you can think of it as a coin carwash, you have to add coin before it counts down completely otherwise it turns into a headache

@mferre wrote:

But I don't understand how autopay can "sometimes not work" when it's been fine for months and nothing at all has changed with my credit card.

Yup, I got to agree! For those of us that hang out on these forums, it's a commonly seen complaint, but it really SHOULDN'T even be an issue at all. There's obviously something wrong with the system, that they can't seem to iron out, but it would be nice if this particular issue was dealt with once and for all.

@mferre wrote:

Thanks for the advice and help.  I guess I have to head out and buy a voucher to get my service back.

But I don't understand how autopay can "sometimes not work" when it's been fine for months and nothing at all has changed with my credit card.  My daughter was out today with no service on her phone and I wasn't given any notice that the service was suspended.  Public Mobile has my email address, why not tell me that you're having issues?

This is a prepaid service.  They have no way of telling whether a customer wishes to stop the service or wants to continue but payment is not working.  So, the onus is on the customer to be on top of things.  Having a wonky self serve does not make the situation easier for customers.  

mferre

Thanks for the advice and help.  I guess I have to head out and buy a voucher to get my service back.

But I don't understand how autopay can "sometimes not work" when it's been fine for months and nothing at all has changed with my credit card.  My daughter was out today with no service on her phone and I wasn't given any notice that the service was suspended.  Public Mobile has my email address, why not tell me that you're having issues?

@mferre wrote:

It's been fine for the past few months, but now my account is suspended.  My credit card company has no record of any attempt from Public Mobile to charge the card recently.  I also can't successfully add another credit card.  This looks like it's entirely on your end.  What gives?

Is your service still working? I ask because, as you know, on the night the plan is about to renew, the self serve account will always switch to an plan expired status, even if nothing is wrong. Since you're unable to add another card at the moment, the quicket way to get your service to work again (if it has stopped working) would be either to purchase a payment voucher from a retail (such as Shopper's Drug Mart) or online (such as recharge.com) store.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@mferre wrote:

Sometimes, autopay doesn't work properly. In order to prevend such problems like yours, it is recommended to do manual payment even with enabled Autopay.

Add funds to account manually with $1 extra than you should pay and reactivate the service. If still doesn't work, I can advise send a message to the moderators though this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Explain the situation, and they can look into it. OR click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions to create a ticket. 

Need Help? Let's chat.