cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why am I paying 25.00 with Autopay? should it not be 25-2 = 23.00?

pkb837
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have $25.00 plan (unlimited call in canada, txt, with 1GB data).  The cost is $25.00/month.  I have auto pay that should give me $2.00 discount.  so the payment should be $23.00+tax.

I see recently public mobile is charging me $25.99.  why is this?

9 REPLIES 9

@JustinThatGuy wrote:

You have mentioned you recognize the tax so I’ll assume it isn’t taxes. Rewards can only be added if the email on both your SIM card account and community account are the same.

@JustinThatGuy  That only applies for community rewards other rewards do not require the emails to be the same. 

JustinThatGuy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You have mentioned you recognize the tax so I’ll assume it isn’t taxes. Rewards can only be added if the email on both your SIM card account and community account are the same.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Wow, yet another Canadian that forgets we get taxed up the yingyang.  I'll never understand how people don't figure out this apparently diparity between their plan cost and the charge on their credit card within seconds of noticing it.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@mh1983  No, you won the photo finish.👍

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@geopublic wrote:

@pkb837 wrote:

I have $25.00 plan (unlimited call in canada, txt, with 1GB data).  The cost is $25.00/month.  I have auto pay that should give me $2.00 discount.  so the payment should be $23.00+tax.

@pkb837  $23 * 1.13 = $25.99

We posted right at the same time. 🙂 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pkb837 wrote:

@pkb837  $23 * 1.13 = $25.99

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Presumably, you're in a province with 13% taxes. In which case, it's a simple calculation:

23 * 1.13 = 25.99

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@pkb837 wrote:

What province you in / what tax rate you pay.

EDIT  $23 X 1.13 = 25.99

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@pkb837 , take a look at your payment history.  I am sure you will see $23 line item there.  The $25.99 you see from your payment card statement includes tax whereas numbers in the self serve account is before tax. 

Need Help? Let's chat.