cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats it take to get an answer?

bradtennant
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello....was on a $40 plan....want to switch to a $30 plan....money has been in my account for weeks....have had no phone...wtf?...anybody alive out there?

9 REPLIES 9

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bradtennant wrote:

i've been trying to change it...thats the problem

What's the problem? What happening (or not)? Changing a plan is not known to be a problem. Early renewal yes. But not changing.

@Anonymous sometimes "downgrading" plan changes can fail and result in a loss of service, it seems.

I'm aware of that problem but it's not something triggered by the user. iirc it's to do with autopay. I did a downgrade a while ago and had enough Available Funds and it worked fine.

Even still...there are known tricks to recover from the autopay downgrade problem.

@AnonymousNot sure if I am remembering this correctly but I think @will13am mentioned something about two different system, where it would try to take the funds of the new plan, then another part of the system would still calculate the old funds needed and unless the initial balance had enough to cover both there would be a failure. Or something along those lines maybe that the numbers didn't match for the billing... I may be misremembering what was said, and by whom I didn't read into it much at the time.

I believe the issue you are referring to rears its ugly head when you downgrade a plan.  Part of the system acknowledges that less funds are needed and so the funds for the lower price plan is taken.  Another part of the system is still stuck on the old plan and thinks the larger amount of funds is needed.  In the end, the account cannot renew due to an apparent insufficient funding situation. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bradtennant wrote:

What's the problem? What happening (or not)? Changing a plan is not known to be a problem. Early renewal yes. But not changing.

@Anonymous sometimes "downgrading" plan changes can fail and result in a loss of service, it seems.

I'm aware of that problem but it's not something triggered by the user. iirc it's to do with autopay. I did a downgrade a while ago and had enough Available Funds and it worked fine.

Even still...there are known tricks to recover from the autopay downgrade problem.

@AnonymousNot sure if I am remembering this correctly but I think @will13am mentioned something about two different system, where it would try to take the funds of the new plan, then another part of the system would still calculate the old funds needed and unless the initial balance had enough to cover both there would be a failure. Or something along those lines maybe that the numbers didn't match for the billing... I may be misremembering what was said, and by whom I didn't read into it much at the time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bradtennant wrote:

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@bradtennant wrote:

@bradtennant you might want to try either or both of these two workarounds--sometimes they help in situations like these:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-funds-but-will-not-renew-or-re/m-p/284552/highlight/true#M20518

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mamabear23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not exactly sure what your question is...

Did you switch to a $30 plan and now your plan isn't working? What do you mean by "no phone"?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bradtennant wrote:

@bradtennant wrote:

What exactly did you do to change the plan.  Generally, you go and select the plan that you want and then choose either to change the plan immediately or have the change take effect on the next renewal.  Immediate plan change will forfeit paid usage and will require payment for the new plan.  That is pretty much it.  It should be quite uneventful.  I am unsure how your attempt at plan change led to loss of service.  What does your account status currently show?

bradtennant
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bradtennant wrote:

hello....was on a $40 plan....want to switch to a $30 plan....money has been in my account for weeks....have had no phone...wtf?...anybody alive out there?

There're several layers of questions there.

So you manually paid in some money. Did you go about changing your plan? And did you choose to have it changed at your renewal time? Or immediately?

Are you saying you have not had service for the same number of weeks?

Is your account showing as active? Or suspended?

Your subject suggests asking a question. Did you send a private message to the moderators?

Need Help? Let's chat.