cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happens when my data expires

ewq1ewq1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi, i purchase a $25 plan with 1g of 3G data, what happens like in 15 days I use the 1G data, how do i add another 1g of data?

8 REPLIES 8

geogolem
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The best choice, if the OP believes that using more than 1GB will be a regular occurrence, is to choose a different plan, potentially making it take effect immediately (if OP cannot make it through using only wifi until next renewal).

In my opinion, this is a much better/cheaper and care-free option rather than buying a 30$ 1GB add on.

The only time the add on becomes a better choice, is if the OP is certain that going over the monthly plan alotment of data will be a very rare occurence and will then only make use of the add on sparingly. Otherwise that 30$ is likely better spent on a slightly more expensive plan... which will provide much more value.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ewq1ewq1 

Agree with @RobertQc.   You have the following options:

1.  For the remaining 15 days of your current cycle, you can use wifi for your data.  If you need data for Google Map, you can download map uisng wifi.

2.  PM 1GB data add-on is $30 and is expensive option.

3a.  You can ask moderator to renew the same plan early.  But moderator wait time is 48 hours.  You will not get refund of the remaining 15 days service because PM is a prepaid service provider.

3b.  If you do a plan change immediately, you will not get refund of the remaining 15 days service because PM is a prepaid service provider.

4.  It is cheaper to pick a plan which gives you what you need for 30 days.  You can schedule plan change on your next renewal date.

For me, I will use option 1 and 4.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ewq1ewq1 wrote:

so lets say i pay the 1g of data for $30 and then my anniversary hits, and I only used 250MB, i get a new 1g of data every 30 days, would that 750MB gets stacked so i will get 1.75gb next month

@ewq1ewq1 any unused *plan* data is lost when your plan renews, but any unused *add-on* data is not tied to your plan at all, and stays on your account until fully used.

In your example, in month 1, you used up your plan data early and bought a 1GB data add-on, which you used 250MB of before your next renewal date.  As of day 1 in month 2, you go back to using your plan data, and the 750MB stays on your account for future use.  If you don't use up all your plan data in month 2, the 750MB stays with you into month 3 and so on.  If instead you used up your plan data part way through month 2, you would start using up the remaining 750MB of add-on data automatically.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ewq1ewq1 wrote:

so i have to purchase a new plan, can i purchase data only, it would be a waste to pay another $30 when i only used 15 days on my $25 plan

No. The add-on is to tie you over until your renewal. Then after that it can be your "extra" if and when you use up your plan data again. 

ewq1ewq1

so lets say i pay the 1g of data for $30 and then my anniversary hits, and I only used 250MB, i get a new 1g of data every 30 days, would that 750MB gets stacked so i will get 1.75gb next month

@ewq1ewq1 wrote:

so i have to purchase a new plan, can i purchase data only, it would be a waste to pay another $30 when i only used 15 days on my $25 plan

No you don't have to, you can buy an "add-on" for an extra 1gb of data for $30 that lasts forever until thats used.

If you use a lot of data, go on a more expensive plan to begin with that gives you more of what you need.

ewq1ewq1

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@ewq1ewq1 wrote:

hi, i purchase a $25 plan with 1g of 3G data, what happens like in 15 days I use the 1G data, how do i add another 1g of data?

@ewq1ewq1  You purchase an add on, $30 for 1gb in self serve or by dialing 611.

Once your data is used up, you cant use data anymore. No overages.

You can also contact the moderator team in a private message to renew your plan early if you have enough funds in the account but that takes time and IMO its better to buy the add-on as $30 for add-on data, vs $25 to renew early, the add-on data lasts until its used so may get you buy for many months.

Need Help? Let's chat.