cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

what does Account status Expired mean in my situation?

I planned to cancel my account and stopped the auto payment for my plan about a week ago  but I changed my mind and decided to keep it in the last day of payment due date which is today. So I enabled the auto payment again today but in the Overview page it says:

Account Status: Plan Expired and above it also says:  

Available Funds: $0.00 , Amount Due: $35.00, Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Jan 11, 2019

Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start.

 

I would like to know what will happen, and if I should do something. Also I was charged $2 less per month as a reward for enrolling with auto pay when I created my account/plan. Will it remain?

 

I will greatly appreciate your help with this.

Mayor / Maire

Re: what does Account status Expired means in my situation?


@RossRoss wrote:

I planned to cancel my account and stopped the auto payment for my plan about a week ago  but I changed my mind and decided to keep it in the last day of payment due date which is today. So I enabled the auto payment again today but in the Overview page it says:

Account Status: Plan Expired and above it also says:  

Available Funds: $0.00 , Amount Due: $35.00, Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Jan 11, 2019

Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start.

 

I would like to know what will happen, and if I should do something. Also I was charged $2 less per month as a reward for enrolling with auto pay when I created my account/plan. Will it remain?

 

I will greatly appreciate your help with this.


@RossRossIs your phone still working? Does it say also "ignore this message if you are on autopay" ? Account status to say "plan expired" is normal on the last day. However I am not 100% sure what will happen because you just put auto-pay backon, and the $2 discount is not showing. Personally I would make the payment that is due just in case.

 

If today is your payment due date, then here's what to expect:
1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" sometime before midnight tonight.
2. Conversion of all rewards (including autopay) to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment not collected yet at this point.  Account will show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), plan will be renewed. Account status will then show "active."

 

If you look around the self serve pages, you will see two days, a top up day and payment day.  The one shown in the overview page is the day they want people who do manual top ups to put money into the account.  The next day, early in the morning is when the funds are converted into a payment.  The payment day is also shown.

 

This post explains the renewal process: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs...

Re: what does Account status Expired means in my situation?


@RossRoss wrote:

I planned to cancel my account and stopped the auto payment for my plan about a week ago  but I changed my mind and decided to keep it in the last day of payment due date which is today. So I enabled the auto payment again today but in the Overview page it says:

Account Status: Plan Expired and above it also says:  

Available Funds: $0.00 , Amount Due: $35.00, Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Jan 11, 2019

Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start.

 

I would like to know what will happen, and if I should do something. Also I was charged $2 less per month as a reward for enrolling with auto pay when I created my account/plan. Will it remain?

 

I will greatly appreciate your help with this.


On night of the renewal, expired/suspended statuses mean nothing.  It says this on everyone's account sometime during the night before the payment and even into the early morning hours the next day.

 

As long as you have provided a valid credit card, you should be fine.

 

If you are at all worried about it, you could always manually top up your account ahead of time, although this shouldn't be necessary.

Mayor / Maire

Re: what does Account status Expired means in my situation?


@RossRoss wrote:

I planned to cancel my account and stopped the auto payment for my plan about a week ago  but I changed my mind and decided to keep it in the last day of payment due date which is today. So I enabled the auto payment again today but in the Overview page it says:

Account Status: Plan Expired and above it also says:  

Available Funds: $0.00 , Amount Due: $35.00, Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Jan 11, 2019

Pay your amount due by 11:59PM on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start.

 

I would like to know what will happen, and if I should do something. Also I was charged $2 less per month as a reward for enrolling with auto pay when I created my account/plan. Will it remain?

 

I will greatly appreciate your help with this.


It's generally thought of as pretty dicey/risky to be futzing around in the account at renewal time.

I agree with putting money in manually so that it's in Available Funds. But that's futzing around in the account Smiley Happy

If you don't see the autopay reward in the rewards area of your overview page then it probably won't happen this renewal. But maybe it will. It's all just messy at renewal time.

Proceed with caution and be prepared for possible down time. Or it'll all work perfectly.

I guess you'll see.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: what does Account status Expired means in my situation?

I just paid the amount due in case and now it says:

  • Available Funds: $35.00
  • Amount Due: $0.00
  • Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Jan 11, 2019

I received the message with "ignore if on auto pay" on Jan 9. but a message today came saying, "Your payment is due tomorrow & there isn't enough money in your account to renew your plan. for more info visit publicmobile.ca/selfserve"

 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: what does Account status Expired means in my situation?

In My Rewards section it does say "AutoPay Reward ($2)". I didn't pay attention if it was like that all the time.

 

Mayor / Maire

Re: what does Account status Expired means in my situation?


@RossRoss wrote:

I just paid the amount due in case and now it says:

  • Available Funds: $35.00
  • Amount Due: $0.00
  • Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Jan 11, 2019

I received the message with "ignore if on auto pay" on Jan 9. but a message today came saying, "Your payment is due tomorrow & there isn't enough money in your account to renew your plan. for more info visit publicmobile.ca/selfserve"

 


I think you'll be good to go. Overnight tonight it'll take the money and renew. Don't Panic. As long as your service keeps working you're fine. But during this time you'll see all kinds of weird disturbing things going on.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: what does Account status Expired mean in my situation?

OK, now is a day after the payment due date and the phone is working fine.

The Overview page now says:

  • Available Funds: $2.00
  • Amount Due: $33.00
  • Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Feb 10, 2019

and the $2 reward remains.

 

I guess and would expect when the system knows the plan is on auto pay it keeps the reward and if additional funds are added it will draw from them first and then continue with the auto pay account?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: what does Account status Expired mean in my situation?


@RossRoss wrote:

OK, now is a day after the payment due date and the phone is working fine.

The Overview page now says:

  • Available Funds: $2.00
  • Amount Due: $33.00
  • Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Feb 10, 2019

and the $2 reward remains.

 

I guess and would expect when the system knows the plan is on auto pay it keeps the reward and if additional funds are added it will draw from them first and then continue with the auto pay account?


Correct. Always from Available Funds first.

You get the reward for being ON autopay...not that the autopay got USED. I'm using a $25 Visa gift card as my "credit" card for the autopay.

Glad it all renewed properly for you.

I got renewed last night too. Somehow I thought it was tonight with the maintenance.