cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update credit card info

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Shazia_K, i need to update my credit card info for my autopay.  but when i loggin and tried to change it online, it shows "

Unable to Process Transaction 
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information."

I have called my credit card company and they said that there is no problem with my card.  in fact, i am using the same credit card now with my autopay for the previous payments.  the credit card number is the same that i used right now but i have to update with the new expiry date.

please help.  thanks.

20 REPLIES 20

snowblind
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Scenario: Public Mobile (PM) makes 2 attempts through autopay to retrieve money from my major bank credit card; Payment rejected due to new expiration date (worked fine before). User (me) makes numerous attempts to update bank info on PM site all being denied with a pop-up note to check with financial instituion (credit card). Checked twice on credit card status with claims it's fine and suggested that an attempted change in profile at PM's end keeps defaulting to original expiration date!

Acid Test: Let's try another credit card from same financial institution; Rejected again. So let's try a couple of credit cards from 2 different financail institutions; NOT a single issue on either and money available (no rejection pop-up).

Summary: With all these new security measures in place, it appears the bank has "blocked" payments seeing these attempts to use my card as a threat and locked-down any further interaction (Ugh).

Next Steps: Check-in with bank again to explain this situation above and to tell them it looks like my only out is to move to another credit card company!

Brutal hours spent; Good luck folks - snowblind

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@snowblind wrote:

@666 wrote:

@Shazia_K, i need to update my credit card info for my autopay.  but when i loggin and tried to change it online, it shows "

Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information."

I have called my credit card company and they said that there is no problem with my card.  in fact, i am using the same credit card now with my autopay for the previous payments.  the credit card number is the same that i used right now but i have to update with the new expiry date.

please help.  thanks.

Have you sent a private message to a mod yet?

Also, you could also use vouchers and still keep your autopay credit. 

snowblind

@666 wrote:

please help.  thanks.

amy88eric

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
This doesn't seem to be working

How do I change my credit card information?

amy88eric

Change credit card for the auto payment.

@will13am wrote:

@666 wrote:

tried it again today and autopay accepted my new credit card.  but NONE of the mods read my post and my PMs.  they offered NO help!!!  very disappointed.

@will13am wrote:

@666 wrote:

tried it again today and autopay accepted my new credit card.  but NONE of the mods read my post and my PMs.  they offered NO help!!!  very disappointed.

It's a bug in the payment system.  Actually, the moderators would not have been able to do much for you.  Trying again and again is actually the solution.  I went through the same problem weeks ago.  I contacted the moderators and Mary did get back to me.  They can't enter credit card data for the customer.  

@666 wrote:

@Mary_M@Shazia_K, please check your PM and read this post.

winedown

@666 I'm having the same issue as well but i have new number on my credit card and the expiry date is the same. Let me know when you get someone to help you. Thanks

Rockdaddy22
This doesn't seem to be working

i did not send an email to support.  i thought i can get help over here from the mod?

@Shazia_K@Mary_M@Caroline_D, please help.

Rockdaddy22
Have you sent an email to support, if so, when?

still no help.  problem not fixed

@Shazia_K@Mary_M@Caroline_D, please help.

just tried it again, still same error message

@Shazia_K@Mary_M, please help

hi, all mods, please help

@Shazia_K@Mary_M

Rockdaddy22
Unfortunately they're swamped with porting issues at the moment. Go buy a voucher at Shoppers Drug Mart for now.

@Shazia_K@Mary_M, please help

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Make sure the name and address used match your credit card exactly. If so, you will need to wait for a response from the  moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.