cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suspended account

Vidal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

log on today it says my account is suspended due to not having enough money in the account.. I owe 60 and I have 78 bucks in there  .. I had to reactivate .. biggest drag is there is no one to call .. I'm starting to not like Public Mobile Now .. 

12 REPLIES 12

@JT79   If you have tried everything already suggested to reactivate your account you will have to contact the moderators to reactivate your account.

JT79
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is some serious hassle for an error on the carrier's part buddy...

JT79

False.

Tried that several times this morning,  DID NOT WORK!

I have a little over the amount that was taken last month, so how come the payment is not passing? This is on Public Mobile, not the customers, we don't have to worry about the payment pasing. Enough trouble gathering the money already.

JT79

Why is it that we should have to worry about the payment ACTUALLY passing when we have the money? And the service is interrupted on the spot, no warning, I'm waiting for job replys and I run my own business, I don't need this.

JT79

Having the same problem, and seriously, this is the last thing I want to worry about with a phone. Fix that stuff PM!

@Vidal  I'm sure you knew when you signed up with public mobile that if you need customer support you have the community to help you or you contact a moderator. If you wanted phone support you should have chosen a different provider.

You have suffered a renewal failure. A person didn't suspend your account a computer did by not taking your payment. It happens. To fix the problem 90% of the time you can do it yourself. Or you can contact the moderators and wait for them to do it for you. You have been given options on how to manually make the payment. You can try them and/or if it still has failed to take your payment try this method. Keep in mind anytime you try to make any changes or force your account to take a payment you should follow these guidelines.

1. Clear your browser and reboot the device you are working from to access your account.
  2. Open only one tab using secret/incognito mode in Firefox or chrome or safari.
  3. Log into your account. Go to make a payment.
  4. Make a payment amount by choosing "other amount".
  5. Add an amount that is $1 or $2 more than the amount owing.
  6. Submit payment and reactivate.

If it takes your payment and switches to active log out of your account and reboot your phone. If it does not activate your service. Log in and go to the lost/stolen feature. Report your phone as lost. Log out. Wait 5 min. Log in. Report phone found. Log out and reboot phone. You service should be restored. If not then you must contact the moderators to restart your service.

Vidal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don’t hang out in this stupid Chat thing so I wouldn’t know public mobile was stupid enough to suspend an account when there’s money in there so what the **bleep** else was I supposed to do

I am surprised at how many people continue to make complaints about this. There is no shortage of threads telling people that so long as your service is not interrupted there is nothing wrong. Maybe there should be one as a "sticky" titled "Account Suspended? Read This First"

Edited to add: This was directed at the post above, not necessarily at the OP's issue.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Vidal , the self serve account goes through a really funky metamorphosis during renewal and for a period of time the account shows as suspended.  Don't worry about that as long as your service is not actually disrupted.  If you have enough funds to pay for a renewal in the account ahead of renewal time, just sit back and don't interfere or interrupt the renewal process.  If your service is currently not working and you are unable to reactivate the service then contact the moderator team as already suggested.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Vidal 

Try restarting the phone, if it doesn't help

When reactivate button takes you to payment don't choose the amount you owe, bit y other amount and make $1 payment. Then restart. If it doesn't help contact moderatora https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

@Vidal to reactivate a suspended account, follow these steps:
1. Deposit funds if there is no automatic payment credit card. If there is, skip step 1. Just use step 2
2. Go to the payment tab, select the single payment and the amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button. Thank you.
Via 611
You can also use 611 to make your payment.:
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card
3. press 1 amount due.

After both of these, please restart your phone.

If this fails, use @Triguy 's suggestion and contact a moderator to apply payment for you. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM offers a different type of support through the forum and ticket submission.

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help    ->Click on Chat with Simon on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!" 

Need Help? Let's chat.