cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

renewals are not rocket science

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't how why this is being so difficult for some folks.

My second month expired yesterday. Needed to renew.

I had some reward. I had some small balance. I had voucher value on hand. Entered it last night for the overnight renewal. In the morning I had all the dire warnings but I could still make calls and use some data as per my plan.

Then an hour ago (as of my writing this missive) it's all done. Back to a very small balance and renewed service.

This is not difficult.

9 REPLIES 9

anya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Dimahh wrote:

Hi, i am new to this and it seems i cant find the way to renew my plan.. can u plz take me through the steps?

Hi @DimahhWhen you log into your account (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca), there is a “Make a payment” button in the main overview page. Add enough funds to cover the amount due and you should be set to renew. Even better though would be to go to the payment tab and set up autopay so that you don’t have to go into the account each time and add funds. If you do this you will receive a $2 reward every 30 days. Alternatively, you can also dial 611 from your cell and add funds by following the prompts. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dimahh:

I'll just start everything from the top.

So you're at the top of all things Public Mobile (the home page) and you've set your region and language to whatever.

At the upper right you'll see 3 clickable things. Language/Region, Community and My Account.
We'll disregard Language/Region from here on.
The Public Mobile site is made up of 2 parts:
Community and My Account.
Community is the support/discussion forum where everybody can help each other and that company folks might decide they need to step in and say something. And also where you would need to go to send company people a private message with your private information...not on the forum itself.
My Account is the self-serve account area where you control your account and money matters.

THESE ARE 2 DIFFERENT ENTITIES. You log into either separately with separate credentials created separately. They are separate. Have I made that clear enough?

Your My Account log in should've been made first simply to become a customer. The Commnunity is optional.

So you're at the top of your My Account.
You'll see what your current balance is at and when your plan amount is due. (I won't get into rewards for this explanation)

You can pay online several ways:
Run out and buy what's called a voucher from just about anywhere that sells things like gift cards and such.
Any of the major credit cards.
VISA Debit Card.
Once you have either of those then simply click on Make A Payment to the right of the larger font saying Available Funds.
Select the Payment Method of your choice from the drop down list.
Type in the particulars of that payment method.

If you've done any online shopping then all this should be obvious.
I've read here about things to do with the exact address and something about unit number issues. If the experts here would like to expand on that then they can obviously go right ahead.

HTH

@Dimahh wrote:

Hi, i am new to this and it seems i cant find the way to renew my plan.. can u plz take me through the steps?

To renew your plan, you will need to make a manual payment by loging into your self-serve account. Once you add sufficient funds, your plan will automatically renew.

Dimahh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

johnny142
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Awesome!! I think auto renewal is the way to go! Save a couple dollars and don’t have to deal with any of that. I’d personally suggest setting that up and you could always change before end of the month if you decide you don’t want to do that anymore. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is just my second renewal.

I came here. I searched. I read. I didn't worry. Both times all worked out fine as per postings here. Give it the day. Maybe another night. If the phone still works then no worries. Mine was done part way through the day.

It just surprises me the number of people having perceived problems.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This service requires the customer to take charge more than any.  Then there's no call center if things get ugly.  You'd be surprised how reliant some are of total handholding every step of the way.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

That's how it's been forever. They did make minor adjustment to change the warnings, but still people trip out. My recommendation is to just use AutoPay and forget about renewals 🙂

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous sounds like you're frustrated with something... what's up? Robot Indifferent

Glad to hear your renewals have been flawless. I really do think people need to go through a few renewals before they understand how things work. Seeing your account status as Expired the day before your renewal can be alarming for new PM users.

Need Help? Let's chat.