cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove add on and promo

Dianna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do i remove an add one?  Don't see the option.

Also tried to change to one of the new plans $40/month.  Currently paying $50/month but it is prompting for payment, says the new plan cost more/!!!

9 REPLIES 9

@Dianna wrote:

I'm currently paying $50/month for 9 GB and wanted the promo $40/month 4.5GB but am getting this message:

This cost of this plan is higher than your current available funds. 
You will need to make a payment to your account to complete the plan change.

Public Mobile does not offer credits for addons. Think of it as a "use it or lose it" sevice. So if you decide to change you plan immedaitely you will lose the remainder of your current 9GB plan.

If that is okay and If you want the plan change to take effect immdiately then you need to add the $40.00  funds into your account before you can switch plans.

That is why the other members are recommending that you choose for the plan change to take effect on your next renewal date so that you don't lose your current plan.

@Dianna wrote:

I'm currently paying $50/month for 9 GB and wanted the promo $40/month 4.5GB but am getting this message:

You get no credit or value for the plan that you have running actively right now.  If you choose to change now yo9u are telling PM that you want to end your your plan and start a new one.  Think of each 30 day cycle as it's own contract.  You decide to change during the month you are ending the contract and will lose out on the remainder of what you have paid for to start a new contract. To do that you must also pay for this new contract.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you choose to renew this new plan now not future dated, you need to load the money to available funds first, when the available balance is sufficient to cover this plan, then make the payment to the new plan.

@Dianna wrote:

That's why you need to click on THE NEXT RENEWAL DATE and you will not have problem with not enough money.

Dianna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dianna wrote:

Also tried to change to one of the new plans $40/month.  Currently paying $50/month but it is prompting for payment, says the new plan cost more/!!!

Add-on does not have expiry date except the 10 days US roaming add-ons.  The unused add-on will roll over to next cycle until it is completely used.

Yes, PM self-serve portal will ask for payment if you want to change plan immediately.  But you can schedule a plan change on your next renewal date and you will be charged on your next renewal date.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Dianna wrote:

You can't remove an add-on they are on your account until you fully consume it (except 10 US roaming add-ons)

If you are trying to do an immediate plan change yes it will ask for more money as you will forego what you have in your current plan.  It is better to future date your plan change to your next renewal.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dianna 

Not sure when your plan expires but if not right away hold off for a bit..lots of people are having issuestoday with wrong plan reset dates...

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Dianna wrote:

You can't remove an add-on..it's prepaid with public mobile..and can you give more details with the problem for the new plan you want?

Need Help? Let's chat.