cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refund me or transfer

dengyh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have switched to Koodo on Feb.15, but my $137 for next 3 months to public mobile was just paid on Feb.13 and didn't use one cent. In this case will you refund me or transfer it to Koodo? Thanks.

28 REPLIES 28

dengyh

No, I want it to be the same as before. I am wondering what I did before to make this problem not bother me again.

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dengyhso you want calls to directly go to your voicemail?

dengyh

I would like to know if it is possible to make it silent.

dengyh

Yes, it works. 

Civic_E

@dengyhtry calling from a different phone to your phone and leave a voicemail. Access you voicemail and listen to the message. If that works then your voicemail is working properly

dengyh

As what I did first time

dengyh

Yes, I set it up.

Civic_E

@dengyhno PM never deactivates your voicemail. Have you accessed your voicemail after switching back to PM?

dengyh

Why this problem disappeared before switching to Koodo? I guess my voicemail didn't work then. Can PM voicemail be deactivated?

Civic_E

@dengyhYes it's ovbious!

When you are dialing out from your cellphone, your cellphone is in busy state(while you hear the dial tone)! So even though your home phone is recieving the call but when it tries to reach to secondary(or simultenously ring on your cellphone) destination it finds it to be busy and forwards the call to its own voicemail. Try from a different phone other than your cellphone

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

sorry cant help. but how dod you get your home phone to ring the same time as your cell phone?

dengyh

It's all done. Thanks. Now I have a new problem with my voicemail. This problem appeared once when I first time use PM, but later it disappeared. Because I setup my home phone to ring simultaneously with my cell phone, if I call my home from my cell phone it will trigger the voicemail of my cell phone. Do you have any clue of solving this problem? Thanks again.

Civic_E

@dengyhno need to cancel anything. Let us know when it's done 🙂

@dengyhwrote:

I just did exactly what you said. I am waiting for the response from the moderator. Do I need call Komodo to cancel my plan after my # ported to PM? 

No. Accounts close automatically whenever  the number is transferred out.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dengyh

I just did exactly what you said. I am waiting for the response from the moderator. Do I need call Komodo to cancel my plan after my # ported to PM? 

Civic_E

@computergeek541wrote:

@Civic_Ewrote:

I had no other option because my renewal date was Feb 16th. But you can rquest one of the mods to port you over back to PM...your account will be adjusted(Kood sim, new PM sim, Temporary cheap PM plan to activate your new acct)...so you don't have to pay anything and your Koodo account will be taken care of by the $100 port in credit.

I would not be suprised at all if the $100 credit remains on your Koodo account even though you came back to Public Mobile. Don't count on it though because it wouldn't be hard for Koodo to just zero out the balance.  If that credit remains, Koodo would normally then mail you a cheque for the credit balance after a bit of time, although I am unsure if that process is automatic or if the customer would have to call into Koodo customer service to request it.   I'm not sure I would try to ask for the refund cheque from Koodo if I were in your situation.  But it would be funny in a way if you did get your Koodo credit balance refunded to you when you never had to pay anything to begin with.

@dengyh

Here is the process:

Get a PM SIM and activate it with $20 plan

Send a message to one of the MOD with your newly created account number and phone number (do not port it yourself)

Also send them details for your Koodo account number, phone number that you want to port and any PIN number. It's better you provide them with IMEI number of phone as well.

They will put you back on your old Public mobile plan and credit you for SIM cards

@computergeek541I was thinking about calling Koodo to ask for a cheque (you must call them, its not automatic) for the outstanding negative balance. Then I thought i never paid anything, so that is not my money.

@Civic_Ewrote:

I had no other option because my renewal date was Feb 16th. But you can rquest one of the mods to port you over back to PM...your account will be adjusted(Kood sim, new PM sim, Temporary cheap PM plan to activate your new acct)...so you don't have to pay anything and your Koodo account will be taken care of by the $100 port in credit.

I would not be suprised at all if the $100 credit remains on your Koodo account even though you came back to Public Mobile. Don't count on it though because it wouldn't be hard for Koodo to just zero out the balance.  If that credit remains, Koodo would normally then mail you a cheque for the credit balance after a bit of time, although I am unsure if that process is automatic or if the customer would have to call into Koodo customer service to request it.   I'm not sure I would try to ask for the refund cheque from Koodo if I were in your situation.  But it would be funny in a way if you did get your Koodo credit balance refunded to you when you never had to pay anything to begin with.

dengyh

You are right. I thought the Cour de Petites creances is free, but not.

dengyh

It's not a temporary plan. PM will restore my previous plan. Do you think PM will port back my Koodo # if I come back to PM . I think I have to deactivate Koodo's sim card after my # ported to PM. So I can not recover the loss of koodo's sim card. I will confirm with PM if they will refund me the new PM sim card. Thank you very much!

Civic_E

@dengyh No they will also credit you for SIM cards. 

Also they will credit you for the temporary plan you have activate with new SIM card 

dengyh

Yes, I shouldn't 

@Civic_Ewrote:

@will13amwrote:

@dengyh, I think you are caught between a rock and a hard place.  There was absolutely no need to react on day 1 of a 30 day window particularly when you just renewed on this end.  The terms of migration specifically stated that the $100 bill credit was to cover losses due to migration.  It is hard to bargain the fact.  I suppose one option is to return to this service like @Civic_E if you don't like the outcome.

@dengyhI had no other option because my renewal date was Feb 16th. But you can rquest one of the mods to port you over back to PM...your account will be adjusted(Kood sim, new PM sim, Temporary cheap PM plan to activate your new acct)...so you don't have to pay anything and your Koodo account will be taken care of by the $100 port in credit.

As @will13am mentioned you should not have reacted so early since you just paid and had until March 15th.

Yes, I shouldn't react so fast. I thought if I switch before the next billing cycle, they would refund me the money. Now I will order a new PM Sim card and PM promised me to re-activate my previous 3 month plan free of charge. I lost $31 for purchasing the two Sim cards

Civic_E

@will13amwrote:

@dengyh, I think you are caught between a rock and a hard place.  There was absolutely no need to react on day 1 of a 30 day window particularly when you just renewed on this end.  The terms of migration specifically stated that the $100 bill credit was to cover losses due to migration.  It is hard to bargain the fact.  I suppose one option is to return to this service like @Civic_E if you don't like the outcome.

@dengyhI had no other option because my renewal date was Feb 16th. But you can rquest one of the mods to port you over back to PM...your account will be adjusted(Kood sim, new PM sim, Temporary cheap PM plan to activate your new acct)...so you don't have to pay anything and your Koodo account will be taken care of by the $100 port in credit.

As @will13am mentioned you should not have reacted so early since you just paid and had until March 15th.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

mimmo

You can switch back to pm. There is a post of a user that did so.

Also No one made you switch immediately. You had an entire month to switch. And the 100 bill credit was to offset prepayment you would lose.

ky01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Unfortunately, there are no legal means in getting the funds back other than a goodwill gesture from Public Mobile themselves as they operate as a prepaid service. Anything paid to them is technically out the door and no refunds. But from time to time, there are exceptions they will make, so good luck!

srlawren

@dengyhwrote:

...but my $137...

@dengyhwrote:

If PM refuse to refund me, Would it be possible to recover the loss through legal means? 

@dengyh what's the going rate for an attorney these days?  $200-300 an hour, ballpark?   [EDIT: corrected my spelling of attorney]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dengyh

Thanks for the suggestions, I already contacted Koodo, they told me that I should contact PM. If PM refuse to refund me, Would it be possible to recover the loss through legal means? 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@dengyh Call Koodo and also contact PM. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and the request for consideration.

I don't have much hope you will succeed. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.