cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refund for changing plan today?

rom_a
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My 25$ plan renewed yesterday. I would like to change it today to the 50$ plan.

Will I be refunded the 25$ that I paid yesterday?

7 REPLIES 7

rom_a
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you very much for the advice.

Unfortunately, I cannot wait another month and have contacted a moderator to assist!

Best,

rom_a

Another option since you have been getting by with the 1Gb $25 plan is to stretch it as far as possible and when you do run out of data THEN do an immediate plan change to the $50 plan. You don’t have to wait the remaining 28 days to make the change. When you do an immediate plan change a new 30 days starts that day.

AE_Collector

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@rom_a 

Do you need it for data or unlimited USA calling

If it's just data I would suggest to switch when you use up your data.

For unlimited calling you can use TextNow until your next renewal

You could ask moderators to switch you with the credit for your current plan, bit it's not guaranteed

You can reach them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM is prepaid so no refunds.  You would lose any unused minutes) data or texts.  It recommended to change plan on next renewal date.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@rom_a No, better update to the new plan at the end of your cycle to save some $.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@rom_a 

Public mobile does not refund or pro-rate plans.  If you change plans immediately, you will need to pay another $50.  If you can wait another month, you can change plans at the next renewal.  

If you really need the $50 plan immediately, then I would suggest that you load up another $25 dollars into your account and then contact moderator to see whether they can change your plans for you.  Click on the question mark on the right lower corner.  Type: contact moderator. Follow prompts to submit ticket.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@rom_a wrote:

Hello,

My 25$ plan renewed yesterday. I would like to change it today to the 50$ plan.

Will I be refunded the 25$ that I payed yesterday?

@rom_a   PM is prepaid and no refunds are usually given, but you can contact moderators via SIMon ? mark bottom right of your screen and see if are willing to give you some credit towards a plan change as a good will gesture. 

You can also opt to change plan at next renewal, instead of immediate plan change, that way what you have paid already won't be wasted and your plan will change at the next cycle.

Edit:  BTW here's a link to chatbot SIMon if you don't see the question mark on your screen: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Need Help? Let's chat.