cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rbc virtual visa debit not registering

evanwcormack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, do virtual visa debit cards work here? I can't seem to get it to register, can anyone help? 

32 REPLIES 32

@mmkarimian wrote:

I’ve been through 3 different moderators, and two aunthentications so far.every moderator comes on and I have to go through the same: do you have correct address, omit spaces, try incognito, correct bank, etc and thenfinally they say tried to input your card for you but it’s not working 

@mmkarimian  Wow that's terrible not sure ehat to say. Hopefully someone with a similar card can provide some insight.

mmkarimian

I’ve been through 3 different moderators, and two aunthentications so far.every moderator comes on and I have to go through the same: do you have correct address, omit spaces, try incognito, correct bank, etc and thenfinally they say tried to input your card for you but it’s not working 

@mmkarimian wrote:

Am having same exact issue, and no one’s been any help so far, not moderators not rbc - they keep telling me to check the spaces, use incognito etc etc

been at it for past 3 weeks to set up auto-pay, and now at bank for past 1 hour and messaging back and forth w Public Mobile moderators

RBC says your card works; we don’t see Public Mobile trying to process a payment 

and Public Mobile moderator tells me our system works it’s your card 

what to do ??

@mmkarimian I'm surprised the moderators were not able to resolve it for you. Usually if there's an issue they would add the card info for you. Is that not the case?

mmkarimian

Am having same exact issue, and no one’s been any help so far, not moderators not rbc - they keep telling me to check the spaces, use incognito etc etc

been at it for past 3 weeks to set up auto-pay, and now at bank for past 1 hour and messaging back and forth w Public Mobile moderators

RBC says your card works; we don’t see Public Mobile trying to process a payment 

and Public Mobile moderator tells me our system works it’s your card 

what to do ??

@Watford-2 wrote:

Hi.

I cannot get my virtual visa debit to register and wanted to make a payment throuth my bank. What can I do?

@Watford-2  During registration when entering the postal code do not enter any spaces. Also do not use the unit number field even if you live in an apartment or condo and use a desktop browser if you can.

Hope this helps!

@Watford-2 hi you need a voucher a credit card a visa debit you cannot pay thrugh your bank unfortunately

Watford-2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi.

I cannot get my virtual visa debit to register and wanted to make a payment throuth my bank. What can I do?

evanwcormack

@Alan_K  can you possibly help or connect me to someone? 

evanwcormack

No, I need to do autopay for a couple of reasons.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Could you go to a Canadian Tire gas bar

and buy a voucher for Public  Mobile?

Try tagging Alan_K who is an employee of PM and usually very responsive.  Good Luck.

evanwcormack

@Jayhelp the moderators didnt help or couldn't help? this is day 3 of trying for me. been waiting to hear from a moderator still. @CS_Agent can you please please help meee???? I really dont want to switch providers. I planned to stay with you guys forever... supposed to pay by tomorrow, plan will expire on the 15th and if no one has helped me by then I will be forced to move to freedom mobile. please dont make me do that. please let me stay with you guys??

Jayhelp

Tried over two days and using details from a void cheque so dunno what else to do.

Jayhelp

I have a RBC Virtual Visa Card and haven't been able to pay either. Plan now expired. Same problem as you.

evanwcormack

haha I tried that too. I waited about 24 hours before trying it on my laptop.

Stop trying for at least an hour.  You may have tripped the 'too many attempts' trigger.

evanwcormack

thank you for confirming the rbc virtual visa debit part. I have tried chrome on my phone, chrome incognito on my phone, chrome incognito and regular on my laptop as well as firefox on my laptop. did not work.

Jujules

Try using a different web browser, sometimes a change of web browser is all that is needed. Clear your cache and perhaps restart your phone or computer before trying again. My auto pay is setup with the exact same RBC virtual Visa debit and I have never had an issue with it. 

evanwcormack

I:m really hoping. tried to message them again.

@evanwcormack wrote:

I tried that, didnt work. I tried to replace it, didnt work. tried to remove and re add it, didnt work. followed all the instructions, called my bank, read posts here, researched it, tried different browsers, tried incognito, tried all variations of capitalization, i tried changing my city between scarborough and toronto with different capitalizations, tried 2 days ago to message the moderators, tried again yesterday... my payment day is tomorrow and I very very very desperately need this for my work. My only other option is to go to freedom. 

@evanwcormack  You have every right to be frustrated because adding/replacing a card shouldn't be that difficult. Since it sounds like an urgent matter hopefully one of the @CS_Agent can look at it and respond before your upcoming renewal.

evanwcormack

I tried that, didnt work. I tried to replace it, didnt work. tried to remove and re add it, didnt work. followed all the instructions, called my bank, read posts here, researched it, tried different browsers, tried incognito, tried all variations of capitalization, i tried changing my city between scarborough and toronto with different capitalizations, tried 2 days ago to message the moderators, tried again yesterday... my payment day is tomorrow and I very very very desperately need this for my work. My only other option is to go to freedom. 

@evanwcormack Click the My Account buttom top right of this page.

1) Login to Selfserve, click Payment tab.
2) Below "One Time Payment" and "Manage Auto Pay" options there is a very small link
"Manage my card - Update or remove my Credit or Visa debit card"
3) two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"

Use "Replace this credit card" to update the CC info

No spaces for postal code. Do not use unit number.

If that doesn't work notify Public Mobile for help. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

evanwcormack

how do I get help from moderators? 

evanwcormack

tried, didnt work

evanwcormack

they state repeatedly that they accept visa debit and my last payment method was visa debit. i have to use my bank also. prepaid cards are not an option.

Regular VISAs, Regular MasterCards, VisaDebits, some reloadable prepaid/vanilla Visas a/o Mastercards registered to Canadian a/o US banks a/o addresses will work.

I've recently signed up with KOHO.ca for a virtual prepaid VISA, and an actual Prepaid VISA card.  They both work fine.

If your mailing address has a suite or apartment number, try entering it as apt-house mystreet avenue, and have no spaces in the postal code.

Kf72

It’s been my understanding that MasterCard is the only card excepted. I was with Pc mobile before and that’s the only card they accepted try a pre paid MasterCard 

evanwcormack

I tried all this and nothing worked.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As @evanwcormack said, it should work fine. It is a VISA Debit card number and I am using VISA debit for payment without issue. Try his suggestions or use a different browser. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@evanwcormack 

Virtual visa debit cards do work with Public Mobile.  

The website can be finicky at times. Give it some time in between attempts. Trying a new web browser, clearing cache or going into incognito mode. Chrome incognito seems to work well. With credit card, make sure name and address matches exactly your billing information. If apartment number, leave that section blank.

Need Help? Let's chat.