cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"don't have an active plan" message when trying to make a call.

Butaneinmyveins
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am set up on auto pay. Got a text message this morning thanking me for payment. Now I get this message

"don't have an active plan..." when I am trying to call out.

- Auto pay has always been my method of payment.

- i have more than enough in my account to pay my monthly bill

Why can't I call out anymore? I need this fixed asap. This is the second time public has done this to me. I can't afford to have service interruptions like this.

13 REPLIES 13

Touche...but I would still advise to pay manually and not rely on Auto pay. 

Abiola

@darlicious wrote:

This is like complaining about disconnection because you waiting til the last minute to pay your bill and the telecom company didn't receive it thru your financial institution in time. (Anyone remember when you could pay the cable guy cash before he physically disconnected You!) 

For me, my autopay payment was taken. It shows up on my transaction history prior to the plan charges, but my account wasn't credited. It's more like the cable guy agreed to see me at the last minute for me to pay my bill, took my cash but disconnected me anyway. Then a different cable guy shows up whom I desperately pay to get reconnected. The second cable guy doesn't know what happened with my payment to the first cable guy. I'm told to contact head office by email.

It's unfortunate that auto pay has some issues. It works great for some and for others not so much. I've only been with pm just over a month but by participating in the community so I could learn more about how pm works because they have no call in customer service. I understood by switching I would have to be more responsible for managing my account and finding solutions to any problems that may arise through the community first and contact the moderators only once I've tried the the successful solutions already posted to address my issue. Over and over again I have read about auto pay not working and then causing a domino effect of problems to follow. The simple fix is top up your account manually before renewal issue resolved. Then if there actually is an issue with the funds not being withdrawn to pay for your service you can contact the moderators for assistance. This is like complaining about disconnection because you waiting til the last minute to pay your bill and the telecom company didn't receive it thru your financial institution in time. (Anyone remember when you could pay the cable guy cash before he physically disconnected You!) Auto pay is a fail safe and works most of the time but it's for when you forget to pay, or your away on vacation etc.... just take the time once a month and pay your bill just like all the other bill you have to pay. You probably do them online it only takes a couple of minutes to access your account. That being said the moderators this weekend answered me this weekend within 24 hours and resolved my issue 12 hours after that....same one and they had to sleep and stuff in between. Thanks moderators!

@Butaneinmyveins wrote:

Thanks for the message. I don't understand why I would need to do anything different. The whole purpose of auto pay is so that you dont miss payments resulting in service suspended. If their system has so many problems that they can't take out payment on time resulting in customers losing service they will need to reimburse us. Every other company...internet, water and gas, cable etc. Has no problem with autopay. It is only Public that has caused problems for me.

Ideally you shouldn't have to do anything once autopay is set, unfortunately, it seems the system sometimes seems to fail.

Does your account show suspended or expired when you log in?  If the 'reactivate this plan' button doesn't work, check your payment history to see whether it shows the payment was actually taken.  If not try to resubmit your payment manually. You might have to try this once or twice with a wait of an hour between tries while you wait for a response from the moderators too.

Also the one dollar top up is worth a try if the lost/stolen trick didn't work.

Butaneinmyveins

Thanks for the message. I don't understand why I would need to do anything different. The whole purpose of auto pay is so that you dont miss payments resulting in service suspended. If their system has so many problems that they can't take out payment on time resulting in customers losing service they will need to reimburse us. Every other company...internet, water and gas, cable etc. Has no problem with autopay. It is only Public that has caused problems for me.

If you have funds available in your Self-Serve then just login and click "Reactivate/Unsuspend Service".

I suspect you don't have enough available funds in Self-Serve - because it would just stay active or reactivate automatically - but you have enough funds available in your linked bank/credit account.   If so, your AutoPay was somehow broken and the PM Mods or their meddling chatbot can fix it. And you shouldn't be surprised if AutoPay is broken again every billing cycle, so probably best to just keep enough prepaid funds in Self-Serve (and still get AutoPay Reward) ready before all future billing dates. 

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Butaneinmyveins wrote:

Thank you both for the response. I did open a ticket earlier today when I discovered my service was suspended. Thanks

Did you try the $1 top up? It has helped some people. I hope it works!

Usually they get back to you in a day or two. However been a few system issues since yesterday so they might be a tad backed up. Patience 😁 lol Hopefully they will resolve your issue sooner than later.

@Butaneinmyveins wrote:

Thank you both for the response. I did open a ticket earlier today when I discovered my service was suspended. Thanks

Butaneinmyveins

Please speak with SIMon the chat bot and open a ticket for moderators to investigate and resolve the issue.

Simon.JPG

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Butaneinmyveins wrote:

thank you for the suggestion. I tried it and it didn't work. I have been stuck here all day with very important phone calls to make and have no service. This is unacceptable from Public.

Do you have a reactivate button in your account? If not, can you try topping up with $1 or something to see if that helps?

There have been some issues today so if all else fails you might need to contact the mods.

For info on the mods and how to contact them check here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Or you can open a ticket via SIMon the chat bot here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help

Butaneinmyveins

thank you for the suggestion. I tried it and it didn't work. I have been stuck here all day with very important phone calls to make and have no service. This is unacceptable from Public.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Butaneinmyveins 

There have been issues with autopay this weekend. 

Maybe try the lost/stolen phone trick, which seems to reset your SIM/plan.

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.