cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

"Your account has already enough balance.".

Hi Public Community,

I don't have autopay enabled on my account, I like to pay manually each month. Today I tried to make a payment with my credit card and it didn't go through. In red letters there was a message at the top of the screen: "Your account has already enough balance." 

It still shows available funds $0 and the amount due. 

I searched the community posts about this topic and there have been various responses. Some people have said they did nothing and it went through later. Others had to contact a moderator. Someone said they paid again and then both payments went into their account.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Tags (1)

Re: "Your account has already enough balance.".

@Lorca wrote:

Hi Public Community,

I don't have autopay enabled on my account, I like to pay manually each month. Today I tried to make a payment with my credit card and it didn't go through. In red letters there was a message at the top of the screen: "Your account has already enough balance." 

It still shows available funds $0 and the amount due. 

I searched the community posts about this topic and there have been various responses. Some people have said they did nothing and it went through later. Others had to contact a moderator. Someone said they paid again and then both payments went into their account.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Click on payment history. Maybe you had payment go through and it is just a glitch.

Mayor / Maire

No, sorry, but if the second payment solution is a possibility, you could just make a $1 payment and see what happens.

Mayor / Maire

@LorcaAre you in the midst of a plan renewal?

@GinYVR wrote:

@LorcaAre you in the midst of a plan renewal?

Payment due Aug. 18.

@YVR Checked payment history, no payment showing.

Mayor / Maire

@LorcaIf you still have service I would just let the renewal process go through and check tomorrow.

Why would you not enable Autopay as a backup? Saves you $2/month and as long as you top up manually prior to the payment date it will never get used. That might also avoid the situation you're in where some type of glitch is affecting things.

@JackQuint Thanks for your suggestion to enable autopay but I prefer to do it myself. Also some of the people who have had this problem have been on autopay.

Mayor / Maire

@Lorca wrote:

@JackQuint Thanks for your suggestion to enable autopay but I prefer to do it myself. Also some of the people who have had this problem have been on autopay.

I don't think problems you mention are when there's a balance. You can still do manual deposits into your account and have a payment card registered and get the free 2 bucks.

I use a prepaid "credit" card gift card to satisfy autopay for the $2. I otherwise have a balance so it never hits the card.

Need Help? Let's chat.