Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unable to process this transaction" for all credit cards

Kokuei
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to add funds to my account but I get this message:

"Unable to process this transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed."

I tried two separate credit cards (including the one currently saved) with the same error. There are no problems with the credit cards (I called the companies). Please advise. Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You should speak to a moderator about this

@Kokuei wrote:

I'm trying to add funds to my account but I get this message:

"Unable to process this transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed."

I tried two separate credit cards (including the one currently saved) with the same error. There are no problems with the credit cards (I called the companies). Please advise. Thank you.

I would suggest to try again later.  Sometimes, a transaction can be blocked if it is attempted more than once for secuirty reasons.  I do not know if that's what happened here, but it's worth a try.  It doesn't even need to be on the card issuers end, but could be on the Public Mobile payment system end in attempt to prevent people from trying to guess details.  I know that doesn't explain why it failed to begin with.

@Luddite wrote:

Only The Shadow. Robot wink Bugs live a long and prosper at PM.

The ShadowThe Shadow

Long live and prosper to all bugs (in customer's favor), especially the ghostly and shadowy ones.

@Kokuei wrote:

The funny thing is, it doesn't work for the credit card I've been using for all my bill payments thus far. Why would it suddenly stop working?

@Kokuei  I just reread your original post and realized I misunderstood....there was another post a day or two ago with the same issue. A the time there was some minor maintenance going on that produced the message. Wait a few hours if you can then try again. Especially since you've tried another card. If your renewal is today and it's set for auto pay lets hope that back up works as it should. Bravo for being proactive in your payments. I will look for other post to check solution.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kokuei  A security lock might have been triggered on your account that must be reset by the moderator before you cc starts working again.

To submit a ticket to the Public Moderator Team click here . Enter Submit Ticket and then click on the Contact Us button to access the Public Moderator Team Assistance form.

Hope this helps.

@Dunkman wrote:

@Kokuei 

@Kokuei wrote:

The funny thing is, it doesn't work for the credit card I've been using for all my bill payments thus far. Why would it suddenly stop working?

On this community forum, many compliants about autopay.  System is not reliable.  If your saved credit card informaton has not changed, it should be working as before.  Who knows why it does not work.  

Only The Shadow. Robot wink Bugs live a long and prosper at PM.

The ShadowThe Shadow

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kokuei wrote:

Check the expiry date of the credit card and see if it’s expiring.

Did you make changes to either cc or PM account, like change name or address? That could affect the transaction going through as well.

@Kokuei 

@Kokuei wrote:

On this community forum, many compliants about autopay.  System is not reliable.  If your saved credit card informaton has not changed, it should be working as before.  Who knows why it does not work.  

Is it working now?  

Kokuei
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Kokuei Try calling 611 to add the necessary funds.

If you cannot get a card added in time and must await moderator support (24-120 hours), get a voucher and add via 611.  

Voucher locations: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

Vouchers on-line recharge.com , https://www.ding.com , https://www.muskbird.com/public-mobile-instant-top-up/

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Kokuei  Make sure you clear your browser and use secret mode before you start and allow one hour before you try again just to allow it to reset. Do not attempt too many times you may get flagged for suspicious activity. If it's not urgent wait a day and try again using this method and following @ChuckYeah advice. If you still can't message the moderators via Simon (?)

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Your address must match the billing address of the credit card exactly. Don't use the apt# field. Use a 6 character postal code, no space or drop last digit.

Need Help? Let's chat.