cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Amount Owing" does not appear in Safari on phone

ClaytonHasACell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'd like to be able to pay my bill from my iPhone but when I log into the site, the "amount owing" field appears blank and I am not able to complete a payment.  The page displays correctly on my iPad and so I can send payment that way but it would be more convenient from my phone.  I've tried turning on cookies and my phone's browser is up to date but I still can't get it to display the amount properly.

thanks,

-Clayton

6 REPLIES 6

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ClaytonHasACell If you have registered a credit card, or have a voucher, try calling 611 from your phone. 

Try rebooting your phone, I just logged into my account with an iPhone 5 via wifi and got to the payment page slowly without problem.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@stonechucker wrote:

A browser is a browser, and it’s probably the same on the iPad, as it is on your iPhone.  Why isn’t it easier to pay via the iPad, there should be no difference, other than the iPad is more readable in my mind.  The phone displays are so small, I find them more difficult to use for this task.

The OP States that the page does display correctly on his iPad but didn't on the iPhone.  They can do the payment process from their iPad but the iPhone is more convenient.  

@ClaytonHasACell, I am not sure why it won't scale on your iPhone sorry about that.  Have you google searched to see if there are other issues like this for our sites?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

I rarely have issues on my iPad using Safari on this site.  Chrome is awful, but that’s because pinch to zoom doesn’t work on this site for me (it once used too, same failure now on many other sites also)

@stonechucker wrote:

A browser is a browser, and it’s probably the same on the iPad, as it is on your iPhone.  Why isn’t it easier to pay via the iPad, there should be no difference, other than the iPad is more readable in my mind.  The phone displays are so small, I find them more difficult to use for this task.

I don't think the site plays nice with all platforms.  This is the perfect example.  I sense fixing this is like fixing password reset. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@ClaytonHasACell wrote:

I'd like to be able to pay my bill from my iPhone but when I log into the site, the "amount owing" field appears blank and I am not able to complete a payment.  The page displays correctly on my iPad and so I can send payment that way but it would be more convenient from my phone.  I've tried turning on cookies and my phone's browser is up to date but I still can't get it to display the amount properly.

thanks,

-Clayton

Why not enable auto-pay? It will save you quite a bit of money per year. Remember $2 off per 30 days also means you don't pay tax on that $2. There are also 12.17 30 day periods.  Thats like saving $27.50 per year (in ontario with hst). More than 10% savings of the cost of some entire plans just to enable auto-pay

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/firefox-web-browser/id989804926?mt=8

Have you tried a differnet browser? I have heard of other people having issues with Safari, regardless of cookies or updating it.

Need Help? Let's chat.