Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

promotional credit not awarded

Philip2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I recently referred a friend while Public Mobile ran this promotion:  

Bonus $2 off every month with AutoPay Reward

$10 credit for both when referring a friend + $1 off every 30 days as long as they stay active

My friend received his S10 credit and I received my $1 but not the $10 credit as per the promotion.  What must I do to receive the credit?

22 REPLIES 22

Spoiler

@pharaohpeter wrote:

@Philip2 

If your friend has been with public since before May 14th, he will get the one time discount as well as the 1$

@pharaohpeter This is not the case. Philip2 is the referring party. The friend is the new customer. The new customer never gets $1. Also, the new customer that Philip2 referred would have received a $10 credit no matter when the join date was.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Philip2 

@Philip2 wrote:

Hi

$10 credit for both when referring a friend + $1 off every 30 days as long as they stay active

My friend received his S10 credit and I received my $1 but not the $10 credit as per the promotion.  What must I do to receive the credit?

Also keep in mid PM is a prepaid service, any discounts , will be applied to your next bill

pharaohpeter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Philip2 

If your friend has been with public since before May 14th, he will get the one time discount as well as the 1$

For your first month, Public Mobile charges full price (Public Mobile is a prepaid service.) However, in the following month, your 10$ one time discount will be applied.

Enjoy! 🙂

There is still one more option

Get the signup date from your friend and contact moderates with it

If there was something that was not announced or that we all forgot here and if they still have trace of it they may award it to you.

I wouldn't hold my breath though, but give it a try

rrajnish

Unfortunately current promotion provides $10.00 credit to your friend and $1/30 days as long as your friend is with PM. You don't get $10.00 credit.

@Philip2 wrote:

Thanks for your quick responses...  Disappointed.  My friend signed up end of March, first half of April somewhere, which I assumed was during the promotion time.  I guess that is how one learns....  screen shots and not just copy-paste from website from now on! 

@Philip2   Is there a chance you might be mistaken about the credit being for both parties because most of us here do read the announcements everyday and would have remembered such a promotion.  However, if you do feel you are right about this then submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon and they can confirm whether such an offer was available or not.  You can use this link: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Philip2

Thanks for your quick responses...  Disappointed.  My friend signed up end of March, first half of April somewhere, which I assumed was during the promotion time.  I guess that is how one learns....  screen shots and not just copy-paste from website from now on! 

@Philip2 

couldn't find the announcement for this of March or April.

If this promo was on when you signed up (as opposed to when your friend signed up) it expired, they all are limited time offers. I remember something like that in fall, 20 at the beginning of winter (xmass) and nothing this year except this new one for the first timers.

Sorry

@Philip2 wrote:

No working link to it anymore and unfortunately I did not take a screen shot at the time...  Did not think this would happen.  Just copy-pasted what I needed to know, which is:

Ongoing

500MB bonus with Autopay on all Talk, Text & Data plans

@Philip2   I know PM has offered $10 for both parties for new activations in the past, but that was quite a while ago (months) and the only current offer has been as mentioned by @gblackma  to customers who have not referred anyone to get the $20 for their first referral in addition to the referrer getting one time $10.

Philip2

That was what the promotion said...  $10 credit for both when referring a friend.  

To me at least, it was clear that both in that context meant to me and my friend...

And no, I referred end of March, first half of April, so $20 promotion not applicable

K I'll start digging through announcements

If I find it I'll post link and you will be able to contact moderators with it

@Philip2  I see

"... for each friend..." Not for both

Is it your first referral?

If you made your first referral after 14th if may you should get $20. 

Philip2

No working link to it anymore and unfortunately I did not take a screen shot at the time...  Did not think this would happen.  Just copy-pasted what I needed to know, which is:

Ongoing

Philip2

End March, first half of April.

I'm not aware of that promotion @Philip2  there is currently a $20 first ever referral promotion ending midnight eastern May 31st. Could you post the link the  you are referring to? Thanks.

@Philip2 

Could you please provide the link or screenshot

It would be a game changer

@Philip2 wrote:

Hi

Thank you for your answer.  However, the promotion on the website said:

Ongoing

$10 credit for both...  in other words $10 for me and $10 for my friend?

@Philip2  Can you post a screenshot of that information about $10 credit for both parties?

@Philip2 wrote:

Hi

Ongoing

How long ago was this? There has been nothing recent when it comes this type of offer.

There is currently an offer for the referring customer to receive a $20 credit for the first referral.

Philip2

Hi

Ongoing

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Philip2 wrote:

Hi

@Philip2   Only the person referred gets the one time $10 credit and you as the referrer will get the $1 every 30 days as long as your friend stays with PM.  So it looks like you and your friend already received the appropriate rewards/credits.  

The autopay reward ($2) is available for all customers who add their CC to the account and enable autopay.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Philip2   your friend the referred gets the one time $10 credit. And you the referrer will get a $1  credit per 30 day cycle. As long as your friends account is active and in good standing.  Stay safe 

@Philip2 wrote:

Hi

There is no $10 credit for both people promotion.  Only the new customer gets $10.

Need Help? Let's chat.