problems paying my acct

pattyvadivelu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am not able to my acct on a debit card.  Not sure why..pls help

9 REPLIES 9

@kb_mv wrote:

@pattyvadivelu wrote:

@pattyvadivelu You can't use a debit card with autopay. Has to be Visa, Mastercard or Visa/Mastercard debit, but not a regular debit card. If you are trying to use a Visa/MC debit then you may have to contact the moderators by clicking the question mark bottom right, or direct message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

^^^^ this by @kb_mv 👍

@pattyvadivelu Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  1

@gpixel wrote:

@computergeek541 I concur, I registered with the space and activation was still successful with 5 digits lol

I'm willing to wager that if you entered all 6 digits as designed but without the space to include the entire code, that it would have also worked. Payment systems at the banks are programmed to include some variation of address that are considered acceptable.  The last digit being left off the postal code is one of those examples. I also know that it doesn't matter what I put in for my city name, nor does it matter if I shorten or type in full my street type. At two different banks, the credit cards have my middle name, yet I almost never use it when making purchases.  My purchases never get declined for these reasons.

@computergeek541 I concur, I registered with the space and activation was still successful with 5 digits lol

@gblackma wrote:

3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

I'm really not sure where this one comes from (I believe that it might have been in some Public Mobile help page in the past), and I agree that it's something to try, but as per Canada Post addressing standard guidelines, all credit card statements are going to have a space in the postal code. The postal code really should be entered without the space regardless on payment forms. Any properly designed payment system wouldn't even look at the space, nor even allow one to be entered.  It's also my undestanding that a future update to Public Mobile payment system will prevent anyone from enteiring a space in the postal code as there is no need for it.  The actual reason for Public Mobile only allowing 6 characters is so that you don't try to put in a space in for any reason.

@pattyvadivelu When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@pattyvadivelu when entering your debit card info use all Capital letters

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@pattyvadivelu wrote:

@pattyvadivelu You can't use a debit card with autopay. Has to be Visa, Mastercard or Visa/Mastercard debit, but not a regular debit card. If you are trying to use a Visa/MC debit then you may have to contact the moderators by clicking the question mark bottom right, or direct message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Any error message? My understanding is you have to leave apartment/suite section blank if you have an apartment number.

Edited version : like other person said needs the visa or Master card logo also

@pattyvadivelu wrote:

Does your debit card have a Visa or Mastercard logo? If it doesn't, the debit card cannot be used.

Need Help? Let's chat.