cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with website

Adull7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, My auto pay came out today but I didn't have the funds because I forgot it was coming out. So I went to the my public mobile account to pay it. When I tried to pay it said "your account already has enough balance", yet my phone has been deactivated and it says I owe them. And the amount due is blank. It almost seems like a glitch. Kind of frustrating there is nobody to call to fix this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

@HALIMACS 

There would be after two attempts but the OP mentions there is no amount due which by reading the post likely means even if they tried to make the payment the system wouldnt allow you to pay unless @Adull7 chooses "other" amount and adds $1 on top of the plan amount just to be safe.

Edit: I should clarify that an unsuccessful attempt would be when you add all the card info and submit to get the little circle of death that either never ends or returns an error messsage or declines the payment.

Thanks @darlicious - good to know!

But mightn't there be if the OP might have tried to use a payment card?

Just trying to cover that base in case it may have happened and it may not be apparent. 

@KevinB44 

I'm happy to see you helping out and technically contacting the moderators can solve the issue. But that is the case for every issue then there's no reason to have the community helping out. Our purpose as community members is to help other customers solve their issue without contacting the moderators. Its only once we identify that the problem can only be fixed by accessing the account do we recommend contacting the moderators.

@HALIMACS 

There is no time/session lockout when trying to reactivate your service.

@Triguy 

C'mon you know better....

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Adull7 

Before attempting these techniques make sure you clear your browser, open one tab only in secret/incognito mode using firefox, chrome or safari :

1. Do you have enough funds in your account to cover your plan cost?
  2. If not add $1 more than your plan amount to pay and renew your service.
  3. If so click on the reactivate button. Did it change to active? If so log out. Reboot.
  4. If not go to the plans or the usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend service. Log out. Wait 1 min. Log in. Resume service via lost/stolen. Is your service now "active"?
  5. If so log out and reboot. If not try adding $1 from your credit card onto your balance.

If none of this works you can either purchase a voucher and add it thru 611 or contact the moderators.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When you log into your account can you see a reactive button ?

Try rebooting your phone ?

If you still need assistance submit a to a moderator by clicking on the bubble on the bottom right corner.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Adull7 

Did you (do you) have a "Reactive" button showing on your self-serve screen?   If so, tap it.

If not, try logging out of self-serve, waiting an hour, clearing cache and cookies, then open an incognito tab to self serve again.

THEN try to either reactivate plan, or manually add an amount from a payment card sufficient to bring your balance up to the amount required by the Plan desired.  You could also purchase a Public Mobile voucher from a local mobile merchant who may carry them, and either add via *611 or through self-serve.

KevinB44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For something like this, I'd contact one of the moderator via SIMon the automated chat help. you can start a chat there by clicking on the little Talk bubble on the bottom right of your screen. Have you tried removing and re-inserting the SIM card as well? if there was a glitch, that, plus turning your phone off and then back on might refresh everything.

Need Help? Let's chat.