cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pre-authorized chequing

syantixmanjah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think is good idea if Public Mobile have payment options from pre-authorized chequing account. Like, comments, and give bravo! Maybe Public Mobile will consider from here. Smiley Wink

10 REPLIES 10

syantixmanjah

@popping I knew about that, the case is how about those who doesn't have debit Visa w/ Visa/MasterCard? 

syantixmanjah

I knew about that, the case is how about those who doesn't have debit Visa w/ Visa/MasterCard? 

syantixmanjah

@computergeek541 This is really good for those who doesn't have debit Visa/MasterCard.

@LaOmbra wrote:

@slash407 wrote:

it wont happen bcuz it would cost to much for them and most people have credit cards. You'll be stuck with giftcards if ur hoping for it to happen

PM is about keeping expenses down, thats why they dont have customer service

Nope: moderators = customer service.

Well, what do you do in a self-service system if you don't have the moderators to assist on something that isn't customer fixable?  Someone needs to fix it, or develop a fix to the self-serve area so that the customer can do it all without assistance.

LaOmbra

@slash407 wrote:

it wont happen bcuz it would cost to much for them and most people have credit cards. You'll be stuck with giftcards if ur hoping for it to happen

Nope: moderators = customer service.

Remember the days when you had to write a cheque for everything, and if it bounced, you had to pay a fee at the bank, and the service provider?  Wow, what a hassle those were.

Taking steps to ensure you control your own money is what you need to do.  Don't allow the service provider to just pull the money from your account, set a reminder to make the payment your self, and do it in whatever fashion you wish.  Using a prepaid credit card, or a regular credit card, a visa debit card, or payment vouchers and a manual top-up will help you control your spending.

I have a reminder set up for me to move money from my bank to my prepaid credit card before my plan renews, and I have that card set up on autopay so I can save the $2/30-days.

My card cannot go into a negative balance, so if the money isn't in my account, my mobile phone doesn't get renewed.  I also do not get dinged with NSF charges because of this.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Also since it is prepaid and your monthly charges are basically fixed (no data overage or other surprise charges) you can always do what I do; set up autopay with your credit card then set up your bank account to make an automatic payment each month equal to your plan cost. 

As long as you have a credit card it is basically the same thing as paying from your account but it also gives you whatever bonus (cashback or miles or whatever) that you get for using your card.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@syantixmanjah 

Debit Visa is the closest to the pre-authorized chequing that PM is offering as payment.

@syantixmanjah wrote:

I think is good idea if Public Mobile have payment options from pre-authorized chequing account. Like, comments, and give bravo! Maybe Public Mobile will consider from here. Smiley Wink

In a way, this is possible but only indirectly.  While you can't just log into your online banking and enter in your Public Mobile account number to setup a payment, many  banks are now issuing Visa Debit cards that are directly linked to chequing accounts.  If your bank is doing this, the payment charged to such a Visa Debit card woild come directly out of your chequing account.  Autopay could also be enabled 

@slash407 wrote:

Public Mobile doesn't sell gift cards.

Need Help? Let's chat.