cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting number

BEST
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I port my number to Koodo will my service automatically end or can I still use this sim with a different number until the plan expires?

16 REPLIES 16

Dkai001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Once number is ported. You should be able use all features immediately.

@bros3n wrote:

so, after a port, I will start to recieve all my messages etc on the phone in about 2 hours? is that correct for a time line? so some of my texts etc may not function until it is "finalized"? 

How do you see if it is actually completed? Is there something on my account page? 

I have not done this yet, but maybe will in the future. 

There will be no difference shown in your self serve account after everything is done.

When you old carrier's sim card stops working, everything is supposed to be completed.  If you are already using the Public Mobile sim card, you will receive a text mesaage telling you about a successful number transfer.  Only after that will you receive calls and all text messages on your Public Mobile service.

bros3n

so, after a port, I will start to recieve all my messages etc on the phone in about 2 hours? is that correct for a time line? so some of my texts etc may not function until it is "finalized"? 

How do you see if it is actually completed? Is there something on my account page? 

I have not done this yet, but maybe will in the future. 

Hello @Savneet .

you just received a message from moderator did you ...???..

To post a new question here it will be easier and faster tha in an old post....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/getting_started

Savneet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to Port number from koodo

Dkai001

Things are not being completed and the port not finalized, my advice is to contact public mobile to make sure no issue with port. 

@Dkai001 wrote:

Make sure you contact team moderator to make sure your port went through and finalized. 

That's really unnecessary.  When a port has gone through, the old provider's service will automatically stop working.  In addition, incoming calls and incoming text messages will start working when using the Public Mobile sim card.  Customers can check this for themselives.

If those 2 things don't happen, then the port isn't finalized - no need to ask a moderators about it unless things don't get completed.

Dkai001

Make sure you contact team moderator to make sure your port went through and finalized. 

motley1969

It is still open.  I just dont understand why I can text with one person and nothing else.

Dkai001

Make sure your old provider does not close account before your telephone ## fully ported.

motley1969

@CS_Agent

I ported my number over from Lucky Mobile yesterday.  I can only text with one person and nothing else.  If they call my number it just goes straight to voice mail.  I have tried everything and it is still not working. HELP.  I have an iphone.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541, I think the OP is porting out of PM into Koodo.

Sorry.  You would be correct.  I was trying to explain the opposite.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541, I think the OP is porting out of PM into Koodo.

I know that wasn't what was meant, but when you port a number out, an account never just "deletes" itself.  When a number is ported out from any carrier, the service is automatically cancelled, but if this is a Koodo postpaid account that we're talking about coming from, there isn't actually any reason to get a new number to use up the rest of the month.  They'd owe you a refund/credit of the monthly charges for unused days.  You would stil be responsible for any charges and amounts owing up until that point.  If it's a Koodo prepaid account that you're coming from, the rest of the month that you've paid for is lost when you port out.

Dkai001

Hi 

please help

i lost my 604#

i had ported it for 2 monthd

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Your account automatically deletes itself and your SIM will be useless.

If this solves your question, please select my reply as Solution!

Need Help? Let's chat.