Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan change

cpit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

Hope someone can help. 

I have $21 in my account. Current plan is $15. next billing cycle is 15th . I would like to upgrade plan for 1 month , to a $40 plan question is if I am NOT on auto pay can I add funds via visa/debit card. And would I add $20 or the full amount.

Thank you in advance

10 REPLIES 10

@cpitYou can easily add $20 total by using onetime payment

$20$20

Well I don’t know the wording of tax laws but there seem to be lots of scenarios where tax does get charged on the total price.

Terry

@AE_Collector wrote:

I was almost surprised that they were able to NOT charge the tax on the total plan value rather than just the amount needed to top up to the plan price after credits are applied. 

Oopps.... did I say that out loud?

Terry

That's not an accident. They are applying credits to reduce the price, not like a coupon.

I was almost surprised that they were able to NOT charge the tax on the total plan value rather than just the amount needed to top up to the plan price after credits are applied. 

Oopps.... did I say that out loud?

Terry

@AE_Collector wrote:

@tsparkle21 wrote:

Don't forget to add enough for tax as well.

I have not ever used vouchers, only autopay to credit card.

But..., isn’t the tax charged on the purchase price of the voucher meaning that the amount you need to add is the $19, not $19 plus your provinces tax rate?

Terry

Correct. You are only taxed once - at point of sale.

For vouchers you are handing the merchant the voucher value + tax, and you are adding the voucher value to your account's available funds.

If you are manually topping up your account with your credit card, you are "buying" the funds that will be placed in your available funds from which the add-on or plan cost will be deducted.

If you have signed up for auto pay, the system first converts your rewards to vailablea funds, then subtracts your available funds from the plan cost and grabs the difference from your credit card. The charge you see on your cc statement is that difference + tax.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I'm not very clear about the way you error like to proceed.

I understand that you want to upgrade only for one billing cycle and come back to your 15 plan, is that correct?

Would you like to upgrade right away? In that case add 19 using credit card, select to change the plan right away. Once the plan is changed to 40, go back and select to change your plan to 15 and choose to schedule it for the next renewal day.

If you want to upgrade your next renewal date, again go to change plan and choose 40 postdated. Once you renew you will have to come back and again schedule downgrade to 15

Advice:  You may want to add more money to your account since time later, there is a bug with downgrading accounts, I'm not sure if you would need to have 40 for your 15 payment to go through. Maybe someone can elaborate on this.

@tsparkle21 wrote:

Don't forget to add enough for tax as well.

I have not ever used vouchers, only autopay to credit card.

But..., isn’t the tax charged on the purchase price of the voucher meaning that the amount you need to add is the $19, not $19 plus your provinces tax rate?

Terry

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@cpit hi you can make a one time payment in your self serve account with your visa debit under payments for 19 dollars if you wish, taxes will be added automatically on your visa debit then you can renew your plan now or set up for your renewal date 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@cpit wrote:

Hi 

Hope someone can help. 

I have $21 in my account. Current plan is $15. next billing cycle is 15th . I would like to upgrade plan for 1 month , to a $40 plan question is if I am NOT on auto pay can I add funds via visa/debit card.

@cpit  Yes you can you just need to access your selfserve account and add your visa debit card and make a one time payment. Another option is to purchase a voucher.

And would I add $20 or the full amount.

Thank you in advance

$19 is all you need.

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you change your plan to start on the next billing cycle and top up your available

funds enough for the new plan before that, then you should be okay. Don't forget to add enough for tax as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.