cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone suspended, i set up autopay, apparently it didn't work, need an agent. No luck getting one

troydwilkie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

6 REPLIES 6

@troydwilkie 

Do you know your 4 digit account pin# you chose at activation? If so you should be able to make a credit card payment via 611. If successful reboot your phone and you should have active service again. You can then set up your self serve account by receiving the 6 digit alphanumeric code texted to your phone. I would then test your credit card again by making a $1 manual top up payment but you may want to contact customer service to see why your autopay failed.

If you are unable to make a credit card payment pm vouchers sold at 7/11, SDM, London Drugs and Shell stations are all immediately valid and loadable via 611 upon purchase to renew your plan services. Dial 611 and press (1) and (1) again and enter the 12 digit pin code from your voucher. Once successfully loaded you will recieve a verbal confirmation and a confirmation text sent via 611. Hang up and reboot your phone if necessary.

@troydwilkie wrote:

It won't let me set up account, as autopay didn't work, and phone is suspended, no text coming through even though it's on wifi

@troydwilkie 

When did you activate the Public Mobile SIM card?

Text issue...

iphone? Then ensure iMessage, SMS and MMS is enabled.

android? Turn off your Chat Features in your settings. Same with the sender's settings if they have this feature on.

Are you able to make calls in and out?

IF so, than this could just be your account going through its renewal process. Those 'expired' and 'suspended' messages on Self Serve happens to all of us on the evening of our plan renewal.

But, if you cannot use any of your services, than maybe you did have an Autopay failure.

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through SELF SERVE (or by calling 611 if you have a card registered)
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.

@troydwilkie wrote:

It won't let me set up account, as autopay didn't work, and phone is suspended, no text coming through even though it's on wifi

You may have already tried this, @troydwilkie , if not, have a read:

Instructions to create a Self-Serve account (publicmobile.ca)

@troydwilkie wrote:

@troydwilkie   you have no access to My Account?  You didn't have that setup before ?

the quietest way to get the service back is to use voucher and load it via 611.  If you decide to go with voucher, please note voucher from some places might need 24 hours before it can be used.  However, vouchers from 7/11, SDM and Shell can be used immediately.

You can also load fund into your account via Retail Instant top up: 

Simply tell the cashier how much you want topped up and provide them with your phone number. Instant top-ups are currently available at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations.

You can get your service back first and then deal with the My Account issue after if you want 

troydwilkie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@troydwilkie 

If you have NO services (talking and texting):

Logon to self-serve, make a payment to bring your available balance to the amount of your plan amount.   You can also make payment via Public Mobile payment voucher or at some merchants who can do point of sale payments directly to your account.  How to Pay

Then click "reactivate" service.

EDIT:

If needed, to contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select contact Customer Support Agent, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.