cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment

sahajchug
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, i am trying to make a payment from my credit card but the transaction is being denied. I contacted my credit card company and updated my address ( as that was the main issue). The address has been updated there and I also made the changes on my public mobile profile. But still transaction is being denied. I contacted my credit card service again and got to know that even after updating my address on PM account its still not updated. Need help

6 REPLIES 6

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@sahajchug try removing the card from the pm system and then register the card again with the new address and details

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@zomba wrote:

Some banks are allowing their customers to lock or restrict online payments with their card for security reasons and sometimes customers forgot that they set up this feature, which could be the reason that payments being deny.

For example TD has this function with their credit cards.

@zomba I think pretty much all banks give users the ability to lock their card for security reasons. Once mine is locked I can't use it anywhere online or otherwise until I unlock it. I can't specify only lock online purchases and allow POS purchases. You can do that on yours?

zomba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Some banks are allowing their customers to lock or restrict online payments with their card for security reasons and sometimes customers forgot that they set up this feature, which could be the reason that payments being deny.

For example TD has this function with their credit cards.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@zomba wrote:

...also make sure that you enabled online payments on your card.

@zomba I have been online shopping with credit cards for over 20 years and I have never heard of or seen an option to enable or disable on line payments. Is this new?

zomba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Firstly, make sure that you are using a Canadian credit card as international credit/debit cards are not accepted.

Secondly, make sure that the billing address is correct exactly as you mentioned on your banking profile also make sure that you enabled online payments on your card.

Third, try to clean browser and try again or try a different browser.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@sahajchug wrote:

Hi, i am trying to make a payment from my credit card but the transaction is being denied. I contacted my credit card company and updated my address ( as that was the main issue). The address has been updated there and I also made the changes on my public mobile profile. But still transaction is being denied. I contacted my credit card service again and got to know that even after updating my address on PM account its still not updated. Need help

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Enter the credit card address "exactly" as it appears on your statement.

Leave the apartment field blank. If needed enter your apartment number in the street address field.

Note: The credit card will get locked after a few failed attempts. You will then have to contact a moderator for assistance to have it unlocked.

If you continue to have problems contact a moderator.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.