cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment was taken twice

ladybabe050378
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When attempting to make a phone payment, the first time it claimed it didn't go through, and that the phone was still not in service, so I paid another time. My bank statement states that both payments went through and I'm still being charged for my upcoming bill. Is there a way that I can get the money put back on my card, I don't understand why the second payment was still accepted. Please help, thanks.its so hard not getting any answer from you guys since yesterday please!!!! i need that money back!!!!!

6 REPLIES 6

victorrabaza
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how do I ask a Moderator to have my charges back

paul5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ask a moderator  to help or check with your bank to have it reversed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ladybabe050378 wrote:

When attempting to make a phone payment, the first time it claimed it didn't go through, and that the phone was still not in service, so I paid another time. My bank statement states that both payments went through and I'm still being charged for my upcoming bill. Is there a way that I can get the money put back on my card, I don't understand why the second payment was still accepted. Please help, thanks.its so hard not getting any answer from you guys since yesterday please!!!! i need that money back!!!!!

I don't think you'll get your money back to your credit card (or bank if on Visa Debit). They would likely put it on as a credit into your Available Funds.

Is this your renewal time? Is it in suspended status? Is your service working?

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Call your credit card company and tell them what happened. They should be able to accommodate you. 🙂

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

1) I would wait 2 or 3 work days and check my bank statement again - it happened to some people and the problem on the side of the bank system showing the transaction twice.

2) If the double charge stays there, then you can contact the moderators (send them one message only to keep your place in queue, incliding all information regarding your account and the problem) and they will credit the double charge back. Be patient they may take some time to get back to you.

3) Then only, if #2 doesn't work (it shouldn't be a problem though), AND if you don't hanve the second payment in your available funds, then you could call your bank and make an opposition on that double charge... But it is always better to try to solve things with PM first 😉 (say for example that on PM side, you don't contact them, they don't know you've been double charged, and they see the payment declined... My guess is that they would probably cut your line in that case, which you don't want to happen...)

Need Help? Let's chat.