cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment made but account continues to be suspended

dreamboats198
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, my account was suspended due to insufficient funds. I changed the credit card info and paid the outstanding. My account however continues to be suspended with no access to phone calls or data. I've restarted the cell a few times. The payment has been successful. 

How much time does it take for my account to be activated after paying the balane funds?

12 REPLIES 12

@esjliv 

The OP  stated:

"I dont also see the suspended status which was there before I made the payment"

Sounds to me like their account is no longer in suspended status. 

Re the lost/stolen trick, simply going by other posters who have suggested it impacts the application of rewards.  If they want to try it, sure why not, they just perhaps ought to be aware of the necessary potential follow up...

Reference these threads:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Autopay-reward-Do-not-use-lost-stolen-trick-I...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Lost-stolen-my-rewards-bug-back-Edit-Yes-it-i...

@HALIMACS wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

Did you Resume Service?

• Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  • Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  • Select "Suspend Service" Button
  • Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  • Reboot your phone.

@esjliv 

If the OP uses the Lost/Stolen then Resume 'trick', do they possibly risk losing rewards on a subsequent renewal (and will then have to go through moderators to have them reinstate any applicable)?

Wouldn't it be suggested they first ensure that payment equal to plan amount was made, then reactivate service, then try a combination of:

• reboot
  • toggle airplane mode off/on
  • remove SIM/reinsert SIM
  • reset network settings

@HALIMACS I have not had personal experience with this Lost/Stolen 'trick" issue, have you?

Sure, those other trouble-shooting steps are always a good path to take as well.

At this point the OP is already in suspended status, so if this is one method to help regain services, then I say go for it. If rewards are affected, here is hoping Public Mobile users are keen enough to bring this to the attention of the Moderators.

@dreamboats198 

If you've confirmed the payment successfully applied to the account, the account status is now displaying as "active", and none of the typical processes to take allows you to use your calling features, then you may wish to contact the Moderators to address the reactivation issues:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@dreamboats198    If your account status is "active", your device should work.  Is it displaying as "active"?

The "Resume" or "reactivate" button would likely only have to be tapped if it's displaying.

Did you confirm that your payment posted to the account and is showing on your pending transactions from your payment card?

At this juncture, you should have cellular service after trying those several items suggested:

• reboot
  • reset network settings

dreamboats198

thanks- tried all this but no luck

dreamboats198

where is the reactivate button? I dont also see the suspended status which was there before I made the payment

Yes, I always wonder if the Lost/Stolen trick would have any effect with the Rewards.  I understand likely we can get it back by opening a ticket with Mod, but it still seems to be a bit trouble.

@esjliv wrote:

Did you Resume Service?

• Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  • Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  • Select "Suspend Service" Button
  • Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  • Reboot your phone.

@esjliv 

If the OP uses the Lost/Stolen then Resume 'trick', do they possibly risk losing rewards on a subsequent renewal (and will then have to go through moderators to have them reinstate any applicable)?

Wouldn't it be suggested they first ensure that payment equal to plan amount was made, then reactivate service, then try a combination of:

• reboot
  • reset network settings

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dreamboats198 :Once you make payment it should be automatic to get service again, log into your self serve and see what it says there - maybe you have put money into your account and it shows money in your available funds but you have to apply the funds somehow?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dreamboats198 wrote:

Hi, my account was suspended due to insufficient funds. I changed the credit card info and paid the outstanding. My account however continues to be suspended with no access to phone calls or data. I've restarted the cell a few times. The payment has been successful. 

How much time does it take for my account to be activated after paying the balane funds?

@dreamboats198 once you pay a suspended account it should be pretty quick to get service back. You paid through your self serve account? You can also pay by calling 611.

Does your Status say ACTIVE on your Self Serve?

Try going into airplane mode for a few minutes, then back to regular mode.

Did you Resume Service?

1. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  2. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  3. Select "Suspend Service" Button
  4. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  5. Reboot your phone.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dreamboats198 

After paying what is due, did you tap the "reactivate" button?

Then try rebooting phone.   You should be good to go if the account status is showing "Active"

Need Help? Let's chat.