cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying my monthly plan, but changed bank card

puynungc69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, i have autopay for my monthly plan but I disposed my old bank card, which was the original pre-registration. I now have a new bank card, but they won't let me pay. I called 611 and it only allows the original pre-registration (old bank card, which is now obsolete). How do I pay, and where do i pay? when I have a new bank card. I do not have the extra service, where i can call for help. So I'm writing to you. thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@puynungc69 wrote:

thank you for your reply, but my self-service on-line does not work. what is my other option?

Delete the old entry and add your new card info instead of updating the old entry.

Make sure the credit card address matches what is on your statement.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

mimmo

@puynungc69   seems to fail???  Are you you getting generic error type pages?

try a different browser, incognito mode clear cahce .  or wait a day those errors seem to resolve themselves.

the easiest way is to top up by buying a voucher,  recharge.com (charge a fee, or many gastattions, shopperdrugmarts walmarts etc will sell vouchers.

@puynungc69 

• Buying a voucher and using it to pay for your account this 30 day cycle. Vouchers can be bought from theses places. vouchers.jpg
  • Contacting the moderators and asking them for a temporary password to your self service account and to add your debit card and to apply payment if necessary or just for the password and you add the bank card and apply payment yourself( depends on what you feel comfortable with).  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:
    • Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
    • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
    - Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

mimmo

@puynungc69   what do you mean  your self serve does not work?

you can't log in lost password

you didnt create self serve

getting errors once logged in?

if its urgent (ie no service)  buy a tip up voucher online or from a store and tip up account using that. then figure out the selfserve issue

puynungc69

Hi, my self-serve does not work, everything on-line seems to fail. is there an office in montreal i can go to do this? if i call 611, the options are limited, and there is no other function key to speak to a live person, nor is there a function key that can allow a new bank card (I am registered with autopay with my old card)

puynungc69

thank you for your reply, but my self-service on-line does not work. what is my other option?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..Remember, accepted credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@puynungc69 as long as your debit card is either Visa or MasterCard debit, you have to log into your self service account and change the bank cards. Go here, Make a patment.png

When entering your debit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

Welcome to the community. Stay safe. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@puynungc69 hello you must go into your self serve under payments and change your bank card where it says manage card

Need Help? Let's chat.