cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying for more then 1 month

RODNEY2008
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello is it available  to pay for more then one month rither then one month then go back to store get another voucher thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

Hello is it available  to pay for more then one month rither then one month then go back to store get another voucher thanks

I know your question has been solved but...you could also get several vouchers and then redeem them as needed. If you decide to move on elsewhere, you could sell them. You can't do anything with your Available Funds once redeemed into your account unless you sell your whole account or that maybe a mod would allow a transfer to someone else.

You can also buy those prepaid "credit" card gift cards and make use of the autopay reward and pay your plan that way.

It's just generally not particularly wise to dump a bunch of real money into your account. But that's an opinion.

Available Funds in Self-Serve account are always used first. You can even have AutoPay activated (for AutoPay Reward and AutoPay bonus data) but never get your credit card charged, as long as you always have enough prepaid funds in Self-Serve to cover your next Plan billing cycle.

I used to deposit payment through PM payment vouchers every month. Now I just throw a hundred bucks at it every six months or so (I currently have just a cheap $15 Plan which is even cheaper after Rewards).

You can login to Self-Serve every now and then - once every few months? - to monitor your balance, if you like.

You get automated SMS notifications when payment date is approaching, when payment has been accepted, when payment has failed. Useful reminders, time to login Self-Serve and check the account balance.

If you don't have enough prepaid funds to renew your Plan then it will charge the remaining amount through AutoPay. But if you don't have AutoPay enabled then your Plan and phone service get Suspended (stop working) until enough funds are deposited to fully prepay your next billing cycle. They can remain Suspended for up to 90 days, then they get permanently Terminated (account shut down, everything attached to account deleted, SIM card irreversibly deactivated, phone number lost).

If your account is Suspended then just deposit payment and it will Reactivate, you start a new billing cycle, at Public Mobile you aren't even charged for the Suspended time, you are not penalized or fined in any way for Suspension and Reactivation (aside from being unable to collect Rewards for days of inactive service).

Don't go too wild, though. PM is all strictly prepaid but also has a policy of no refunds. You can't easily reclaim your money, you won't receive any pro-rated credits or discounts for unused portions.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

how will it know I paid for 2 or 3 months? thanks

@RODNEY2008 It,s magic 🤣

@RODNEY2008 wrote:

The money from the vouchers go onto your Available Funds. The  renewal each month will be deducted from here. 

RODNEY2008
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Yes, you can put on as many vouchers as you want on your account.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RODNEY2008 hi you can either buy a few months worth of vouchers or go into self serve and setup autopay with a credit card which has the advantage of an extra 2 dollars off every 30 days

Need Help? Let's chat.