cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying for add-on with auto pay

JASPUB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I pay for my plan every three months with auto pay. I have just been billed today, and I have added on 500 min of Canadian calling manually with a one time payment. Can I include the payment for this add on with my auto payments in future instead of having to manually make one time payments each time?

Thanks. 

17 REPLIES 17

The fact that your plan just renewed and then you added the 500 minutes for $5 add-on immediately after renewal coupled with your desire of having the add-on automatically be purchased every 90 days when your plan renews…. tells me that you think you have to use it up because the remainder will expire as your 90 day plan expires. Not the case. These add-ons can last for years if you use it relatively slowly. So you wouldn’t really want more and more of hem being purchased and piling up. Just buy a new one when the old one begins to get low.

You should also confirm that you are on the best plan as most of the old 90 day plans are more expensive than 3 of the new 30 day plans or the new plans would give you more data. The only possible downside is that new plans come with 3G like data speed where as you may have full 4G/LTE with the old plan. Check it out though.

AE_Collector

@JASPUB wrote:

Thanks for your reply, it rounds out how I should manage future add on payments. 

I'm sure that you didn't mean to mark your own message post as the solution.  I've went ahead ahead and changed it for you.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@JASPUB wrote:

I pay for my plan every three months with auto pay. I have just been billed today, and I have added on 500 min of Canadian calling manually with a one time payment. Can I include the payment for this add on with my auto payments in future instead of having to manually make one time payments each time?

Thanks. 

Great minds think alike!!!! Only if there was a switch to add an add on to auto pay. I now use a PM account for a land line with a ZTE box.  I was wondering same. But after thinking similar I looked at what I was doing on my old voip account, by loading up my non refundable account with $100 to cover my DID and other charges, I did similar. Based on my voip service stats we averaged 600 minutes outbound a month. So my 100 minutes included plus a 500 minute add on will do the trick.....so I bought 6 months ahead with a 2500 minute buffer.  Will re jig as time goes by based on our usages and once I see the differences of how a minute is calculated. 

JASPUB

@hairbag1 

Re: You can add an add-on whenever you need it. Add-ons aren't part of your "regular plan". You pay your regular plan every 30 days /90 days. Add-ons stay on your account until you use it up. (Except the 10 Day US roaming add-ons; they only last for...10 days !)

I have a International talk add-on that I've had for 2 years now....only used 46 minutes of it !

Thanks @hairbag1; two comments in summary:

1. My talk add-on, with no deadline, is a really great PM deal.

2. The PM community is extremely helpful.   

Many thanks to all who replied.

@JASPUB 

Your welcome!

JASPUB

@darlicious 

Thanks, much appreciated!

@JASPUB wrote:

Thanks for your reply, it rounds out how I should manage future add on payments. 

You can add an add-on whenever you need it. Add-ons aren't part of your "regular plan". You pay your regular plan every 30 days /90 days. Add-ons stay on your account until you use it up. (Except the 10 Day US roaming add-ons; they only last for...10 days !)

I have a International talk add-on that I've had for 2 years now....only used 46 minutes of it !

@JASPUB 

For future reference so we know who you are replying to tap the "@" key to tag another member. If their username doesn't appear in the pop up box just keep typing til it does.

JASPUB

JASPUB

Thanks for your reply, that is also what I needed to know.   

JASPUB

Thanks Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle that's the answer I was looking for.   

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JASPUB 

Indeed, add-ons can only be purchased separately and not as part of plan renewals.

The benefit to this is that you need only add the add-on when your minutes are coming close to being consumed. If you were able to add the add-ons on a routine basis you may become too reliant on it coinciding with your 3-month auto-pay cycle.  This could result in either running out or being in excess of what you need.

@JASPUB 

Add ons are one time purchases that do not expire. They do not need to be renewed unless you use the entire add on up in the next 90 days otherwise any unused portion will roll over on your next 90 day cycle and so on until you completely deplete the minutes. Then you can purchase a new one.

Are you on a grandfathered 90 day plan with province wide minutes? Unless you do a lot of long distance calling outside of your province the $5/500min add on with more than 8 hours of talk time will likely last you more than 90 days. It is not like adding a feature to the old build your own plan builders that only lasts for your plan cycle it is an independent add on that supplements your plan minutes when needed.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@JASPUB wrote:

Thanks. 

@JASPUB 

No, autopay only applies to plan renewals.

Add-ons need to be paid manually anytime you make a purchase (and they can't be set to renew automatically)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JASPUB 

you can't include your auto payment For Add-on,

Add-on is a manually make one time payments each time and the Add-on is no expiry day,

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, 

How To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JASPUB , all rewards including auto pay are issued as part of the renewal process.  Effectively rewards only apply to offsetting renewal costs.  Sorry for the bad news.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, PM is prepaid so when you purchase the add-on you would have to make a payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.