cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payement passed twice on credit card :(

Nikita
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

we finally convinced my mother that public is the way to go. and that she wont really need customer service.   we attempted to transfer number once the sim card was received but it would stall forver at a loading page and eventually says timed out or something like that.  we attempted to redo it again only to be told that the sim card is already reserved....

we waited 2 hours as other ppl have already had this problem and retried with same sim card.  it finnally let us through and we were able to transfer phone number and choose plan. hurray. 

then today we got the statement.  it charged 120,72 cents twice!!    same sim card, same phone number, same everything.  we log on and there is no sigh of a second transaction. Anwyone found a solution for this... i already contacted mods but i know it could take 2 days. hoping it can be a bit faster or something.    its a lot of money for a retired person.   

also what info do i need to give the mods. account number, phone number, email, is that sufficient?

7 REPLIES 7

ohshagit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Absolutely a complaint to the credit card company. Bit first let PM know that a credit is not acceptable to you - ask politely for a full and immediate refund of the double charge or you will contact tjr credit card company. Be polite. Good luck.

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would ask them again for a refund directly to your card as you would be entitled to this. 

Otherwise you will need to file a chargeback with your credit card. You will definitely win the chargeback as this was a mistake on their end (you did not agree to pay double the amount), and PM will be subject to a fee, so it is in their best interest to just refund you directly. 

I'd be curious to know if PM will refund your card as this is the appropriate course of action. 

Nikita

hey.

unfortunately it actually passed twice. they responded and gave a credit in pm account for the 120 after seeing a picture of the credit card statement.  

but we dont want  a credit.. you can imagine that going from 120 to 240 on a credit card in one month is too much money.  we want a reimbursement of the credit card.  do you know if pm does this or do we have to file a complaint through our credit card. 

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Also did the charge actually go through on the card, or was it just an authorization? 

Sometimes this happens since you tried to process the activation twice, and then will fall off after a couple of days. 

Contacting the mods would be the best way to resolve this, but I would suspect this authorization will be reversed in about 48 hours. Same thing as when you buy gas, they pre-auth for $100 and then refund you the difference based on how much fuel you got. 

ohshagit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Give the mods thr number, name, address, they may confirm the credit card number you used as they will have to reverse it. I am sure it's happened before, they will solve it.

Nikita

why is the plan important. its the 90 day plan  for usa unlimited....  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Nikita wrote:

we finally convinced my mother that public is the way to go. and that she wont really need customer service.   we attempted to transfer number once the sim card was received but it would stall forver at a loading page and eventually says timed out or something like that.  we attempted to redo it again only to be told that the sim card is already reserved....

we waited 2 hours as other ppl have already had this problem and retried with same sim card.  it finnally let us through and we were able to transfer phone number and choose plan. hurray. 

then today we got the statement.  it charged 120,72 cents twice!!    same sim card, same phone number, same everything.  we log on and there is no sigh of a second transaction. Anwyone found a solution for this... i already contacted mods but i know it could take 2 days. hoping it can be a bit faster or something.    its a lot of money for a retired person.   

also what info do i need to give the mods. account number, phone number, email, is that sufficient?

What plan did you pick??  If you login to your self serve and go to payments if you can get us a screen shot of that we can take a look at it and have a better idea of what happened.  

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.