cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overpayment

civens
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

recently i was adding funds to my account and the page timed out and i had to reload and start again, this happened 4 times, resulting in 3 eztra payments.  How can i get this refunded?

10 REPLIES 10

@civens wrote:

I didn't, while it was processing, it timed out and said could not connect or reload or something like that.

Hey @civens... I'm a little late to the party, but if that happens on any website... check your credit card balance FIRST before trying again. I have a KOHO Visa and receive a notification immediately on my phone when there's activity on my card. The only reason I mention it, is that I've been burnt by that before Robot Happy *ouch*

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@civens wrote:

Hello,

recently i was adding funds to my account and the page timed out and i had to reload and start again, this happened 4 times, resulting in 3 eztra payments.  How can i get this refunded?

If your current balance is close to your renewal cost, just leave it there. It will likely take close to 30 days to get your refund anyway.

If it's more than double I would ask for a refund.

Contact @Moderator_Team
It can take up to 48 hours for the team to respond to your concerns.

About @Moderator_Team

PM should oblige. And hopefully they are working diligently on improving this site hesitation. It's been very prevalent lately.

If noone ever emails the moderators about it, they won't know how big on an issue it is.

mcoombs50

I had that happen to me once also. All you can really do is know that you don't have to pay for a few months

Riettarose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That money should be held as a credit on your profile, which means you dont have to worry about payment for the next 3 months! Have you considered switching to auto payment? You get $2 off your bill every month automatically, and you wont have to worry about this again 🙂

civens

I didn't, while it was processing, it timed out and said could not connect or reload or something like that.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@civens, based on feedback from other customers wanting refunds, the best way forward is to just leave the extra funds in the account for future renewals.  Unless you are intending to leave this service, there is no long term impact as the money will go to paying for future service.  To receive an actual refund will take months and by that time, the extra funds will have already been used to pay for future service.  This might not be what you want to hear, just reflecting on the realities of the situation. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM plans are prepaid so usually there are no refunds.  The overpayments would be used to pay for your future payments.  You could try to contact a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@civens hi a rule to remember around here is never press the pay button more then once Smiley Happy this system can be very unforgiving lol

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Generally, there are no refunds.  As the money is in Available funds, they will sit there and be used to renew your plan or be available for any add-ons you might need to purchase.

You can see if the Moderator_team can assist you, but getting a refund will most likely be via cheque, and will take about a month to process.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@civens hi you can contact moderators for help here it may be a 2 or 3 day wait they are backed up 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.