cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overcharged

carolgarant24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi I'm wondering if my plan has changed this month I payed it a couple days early but was charged 45 instead of 40 like I normally am.

10 REPLIES 10

@Anonymous wrote:

@kb_mv : I like to call it "real money" into the account.

Voucher and Instant Top-up = tax at point of sale. Sometimes some vendors only charge one tax if your province has two.

Payment card via autopay = tax on the payment card side

Payment card via manual payment on the page = tax shown on the page but just the value added to the account and the total on the payment card side.

All numbers shown on the account are just the value before any tax.

Rewards and credits aren't real money.

@Anonymous As I mentioned in my reply, I struggled for some reason with the concept LOL. It took some patient answers from more than a few people to convince me I was wrong.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kb_mv : I like to call it "real money" into the account.

Voucher and Instant Top-up = tax at point of sale. Sometimes some vendors only charge one tax if your province has two.

Payment card via autopay = tax on the payment card side

Payment card via manual payment on the page = tax shown on the page but just the value added to the account and the total on the payment card side.

All numbers shown on the account are just the value before any tax.

Rewards and credits aren't real money.

carolgarant24

this.makes the most sence I paid my bi early this month because i didn't have enough in my account to pay my internet and phone at the same time and they r both auto pay but I can defer the payment for my internet for up to about 2 weeks and still have service but I can't with my phone so I payed through my credit/debit card early and it charged me 45 but any other rtime I've had auto pay or got a 40$ phone card it was just 40$ they charged me so I understand now why I was charged more more my plan this month than any other time thank you for your reply 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@carolgarant24 wrote:

hi I'm wondering if my plan has changed this month I payed it a couple days early but was charged 45 instead of 40 like I normally am.

@carolgarant24 If you went in early and added $40 to your account via a one time payment through this website, it would have shown you very clearly that you were being charged taxes. In the example shown below, I added $9 but was charged $1.35 tax. My Visa as you can see was charged $10.35. But only $9 was added to my available funds. When my plan renewed PM took out the $25 from available funds and rewards earned. They don't deal in tax at this point as taxes were already paid on the available funds. If you were paying before by voucher and bought a $40 voucher at a store you would have been charged about $45 with taxes in. No way around it. If you were letting it renew with autopay, look at your past few months of debits from PM on your credit card. Were they all for exactly $40 on your $40 plan? 

Tax paid 2.png

PM's accounting of the credits and debits on your account only deal with after tax funds. This is what I believe confuses some people. I struggled with it for quite awhile before others here helped me wrap my head around it. Maybe post a pic (minus personal info) of your transaction history on the account....

@carolgarant24 if you haven't been charged taxres, this means that you have been underpaying this.whole time.  It doesn't mean that you"re now overpaying. I know that sometimes Public Mobile forgets to charges sales tax during account activation, but I don't recall a case of someone going 3 years without paying tax until now.

PM by law has to charge sales tax.

Under the terms and condition.

Taxes are extra. The account must have sufficient funds to cover the total cost each month.

@carolgarant24  There has always been tax. Its charged at point of sale not on your account.

Example if you buy a voucher at a corner store or a gas station. They charge the tax. Any funds in your available balance are clear funds as tax has already been paid at point of sale. So if you have $40 in your balance and your plan is $40 then the system debits the $40 for your plan.  No extra tax since that balance in your account already was charged tax at point of sale when you added the money to the account.

carolgarant24

why a of a sudden would they start charging taxes when they never did for the past 3 years I've had this phone plan for 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is sales tax charged 40 x 1.13 = 45.20.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Don't forget about taxes.

How much taxes depend on which province your number is associated with.

Need Help? Let's chat.