cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overage charge?

drea1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, $12.43 seems to have been charged to my credit statement from Public Mobile. I'm currently on the $35 plan and wasn't aware of additional charges. Any idea how this charge came about? I didn't purchase any add-ons, unless there's overages I wasn't aware of. 

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

@CannonFodder  See my brain sees math differently. While you guys acing your math exams back in the day tried to apply algebra to the question. I just it as it was. Same problem in grade 11. I could get x+y=z and the answer. But I couldn't explain how I got there...the three steps in between. So I only ever got marked 2/5 or 1/5...failing badly til I just gave up.

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  Yeah you'd never know I got 9% in grade 11 math.

Except that the math used for the winning formula was more like.... oh.... about Grade 3.... so how was your math back then? 😉

Funny thing was(and why I entitled the contest that way), the OP never provided a screenshot, so simply based on the plan, everybody was just taking a shot in the dark, at both the rewards, and the appropriate tax rate.

Good one. Lol.

@darlicious wrote:

DING, DING, DING, we have a winner of the "Guess the correct mathematical equation to arrive at the OP's cost discrepancy contest"!!!  🤣 

@drea1  Awesome! You are very welcome.

drea1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thank you so much, this clarifies it!!

@drea1  Did you refer some one in December? And already have one referral or one years loyalty?

$35-$20 (bonus referral credit) -$1 (referral reward) -$1 (Referral or loyalty reward)-$2                          (autopay)=$11+13% tax ($1.13)=$12.43

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

It looks like you had a combination of rewards and funds in your account totalling $24. And the payment charged to your account was $11 + 13% tax = $12.43.

@drea1 wrote:

Hi, $12.43 seems to have been charged to my credit statement from Public Mobile. I'm currently on the $35 plan and wasn't aware of additional charges. Any idea how this charge came about? I didn't purchase any add-ons, unless there's overages I wasn't aware of. 

Thanks!

@drea1 12.43, could represent $11 plus 13% tax. Does this help make any sense of it? Perhaps you're on a $15 plan and you had $4 in rewards.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@drea1 wrote:

Thanks!

PM is a prepaid service without pay-per-use.  Therefore, PM does not have overage charge.

When you add fund to your account, there is sale tax charge.

Post a screenshot of your payment history with personal info masked out.  We will take a look what went wrong.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@drea1  When did you activate your account?  If today or very recently, did you also pay for your SIM and that maybe the charge on your CC in addition to your monthly plan?

Edit:  Although unless your SIM card cost more than $10 then I don't see how you could be charged $12.43.  So you'll probably need to message the moderators if you can't account for that charge on your CC.

Is it possible that you had a balance in your account? If you're on auto-pay it takes from your balance first and any additional is charged to your credit card.

Log into your self serve account and click "View Payment history" that would be the first place to start to see what the charge was for.

Screenshot_20200114_152753.jpg

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@drea1  There are no overage charges - it's all prepaid, so if something runs out, that's it.

Maybe take a screenshot of your transactions, making sure to leave out, or obscure your personal info, and post it here, and we should be able to decipher the discrepancy.

Need Help? Let's chat.