cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over charged

pen19pen61
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been trying to contact a Public Mobile and no luck.

I went to the store and representative of PB mobile still can't help me.

they have charged my card $ 45.20 and $31.64.

Can someone help explain the 2 charges with in 2 days.

please contact xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

9 REPLIES 9

@metropublic wrote:

@pen19pen61 wrote:

@pen19pen61  I'm guessing the first charge is for your initial plan ($30 voucher) and the cost of the simcard ($10) plus HST. The second charge is your renewal $30 - $2 AutoPay = $28 plus tax.

@metropublic If someone posts a phone number, please remove it from the quote. Thanks.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @pen19pen61 

How many accounts do you have with pm?

You should not have charges 2 days apart unless you charged your credit card. If you did by mistake it should still be on your account.

Pm doesn't have representatives as far as I know, could you tell us what did they do to help you.

In general to know what you are charged for you would login on to your selfserve and click on payment history.

There you will see line for every debit and credit that goes to your account.

Charges to your credit card are in the credit column, and they can be of two types autopay or manual top up. You will also see other credits like referrals and autopay rewards. The debit is what money was taken out to pay for your plan or to purchase add-ons.

Take a look and if what you see doesn't make sense take the screenshot blackout personal info and post it here, well try to help you decode it.

Don't worry if you were unfairly charged you will get the credit back

PS. Please click on 3 dots and remove your phone number this is a public forum anybody can see it

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pen19pen61  What store and what plan did you choose? Some unscrupulous stores charge a service fee for activation. 😩

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@pen19pen61 wrote:

please contact Penny xxx-xxx-xxxx

@pen19pen61 First of Penny, you should never post your phone number or any other personal info on this or any other public forum. If you click the 3 dots top right of your message, select "Edit" and X out your phone number as I have done. Worth noting that there is no one to call you. There is no one you can call either. All support is done online, either here from fellow customers or through the online help system.

As for the 2 charges in 2 days.... You can contact the moderators one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pen19pen61 wrote:

@pen19pen61  I'm guessing the first charge is for your initial plan ($30 voucher) and the cost of the simcard ($10) plus HST. The second charge is your renewal $30 - $2 AutoPay = $28 plus tax.

greencrewmate
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When logged into your Public Mobile profile online, click the payment tab, then "Transaction History." Select "last 90 days" and press search. This will list all your debit and credit transactions in the last 90 days and should give you a better picture of where the charges came from.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pen19pen61 wrote:

please contact 

@pen19pen61 hi did you make a plan change recently? that is one possible reason show us a screen shot of your payment history if you can without personal info 

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@pen19pen61 

I can understand your frustration with this. In store staff don’t have access to your account only moderators here do. The plan you have doesn’t include applicable tax. The amount you’re charged on your credit card would include tax. You can see the charges excluding tax below. Also PM is prepaid so you will never be overcharged.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@pen19pen61 

Choose 3 vertical dots (right corner) in your post and edit out your phone number. This is a public forum.

As for your charges if you need to dispute contact a moderator:

(You can log into self service and see the transaction history)

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.