cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on vacation for 3 weeks - pause account

Edward900
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently on "$40 per 30 Days" plan, I am going abroad for 3 weeks.  Can I somehow pause the account to save on fees for services that I won't be using while absent?

9 REPLIES 9

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jdmom3 wrote:

It might be less of a headache just to switch your plan to the cheapest plan available, I think the data only is $10/month. 

There is no $10 data plan. There are headaches involved with changing plans willy nilly.

Exactly. That is why it is important to read the article cited above (When and How to Suspend or Place an account on Hold (Extended absence, etc) to understand all the nuances and implications of which way a plan is suspended/placed on hold.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jdmom3 wrote:

It might be less of a headache just to switch your plan to the cheapest plan available, I think the data only is $10/month. 

There is no $10 data plan. There are headaches involved with changing plans willy nilly.

Jdmom3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@sunflowershine wrote:

@Edward900 No. If you have just renewed your plan, just keep it as it is. If your plan renewal will be taking place when you are in travel, you can think about to change it to a lower plan OR just remove the autopay and renew the plan when you come back. 

I agree that if your renewal not until you come back, the best choice is to do nothing, since PM does not stop the clock on plans and does not offer pro-rated refunds.

If the renewal date is while you are away, then the best choice may NOT be turning off AutoPay. There is misleading and incomplete information in this thread. Please be sure to read this complete up-to-date info on your choices:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/When-and-How-to-Suspend-or-Place-an-accoun...

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Edward900 No. If you have just renewed your plan, just keep it as it is. If your plan renewal will be taking place when you are in travel, you can think about to change it to a lower plan OR just remove the autopay and renew the plan when you come back. 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Not much you can do, public mobile doesnt give you vacation mode. 

You can only do not pay it when its at renewal to save few days, when you back, put back the autopay mode and continue like that.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

Hi In my opinion for what is worth if you "suspend " your account you are just opening yourself up for a bunch of headaches when you start it up again since it's prepaid the clock still is running on the month you paid for anyway so depending at what part of your cycle you are at it may not be worth it at all, I would consider possibly getting a cheaper plan say the month before you leave Have a good trip and don't sweat the small stuff!!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Edward900 You sure can. It will depend on how your account payment is set to. If you are on AutoPay, all you have to do is disable AutoPay. However, if you have enough available balance to renew ($40+), then you have to turn on Lost/Stolen phone feature so your plan does not renew itself while having enough balance. In any case, give this a good read: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735?

Need Help? Let's chat.