cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non-working voucher

geogeo77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Bought a 40$ voucher 20 hours ago and it wont accept it. This is ridiculous,now my account is suspended and I have no phone on my birthday like wtf public mobile...makes me feel like switching provider

19 REPLIES 19

yourmohsin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hairbag1 

@CS_Agent 

The reply by hairbag1 cannot be solution of the payment issue. 

Suggesting credit card is not the solution to non-payment by voucher. 

Neither is contacting the moderators every time. 

Both are the worst case scenarios when you are helpless in payment through vouchers. 

Customers deserv a better solution and answer. 

I hope you got my point...

I didn't have luck with the prepaid visa gift cards ( maybe something changed in the meantime), but when koho was advertised here by pm i gave it a try and it does work, i used it on 2 different accounts. 

It's so unfortunate that they discontinued $20 referral, but i complained and they gave me code for it, so i can actually invite people with the old promotion and have them receive 20 referral. The new promo is 1% extra cashback for 90 days. I'm not really sure how long will my code work so i don't miss opportunity to offer it:)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kselmak wrote:

Consider autopay?

They give you 2 off monthly for having it

I sent you a private message invitation to one of them

It's prepaid card not a credit card

What's this invitation you mention? One can get Vanilla branded prepaid "credit" cards just about anywhere gift cards are sold.

Consider autopay?

They give you 2 off monthly for having it

I sent you a private message invitation to one of them

It's prepaid card not a credit card

yourmohsin

Finally, last night Moderator_team replied my private message and remeeded my voucher. 

I must say, even though the issue is solved for the time being,  I do not want to go throught the same ordeal during next recharge.

Hi @yourmohsin 

Did you contact the moderators via private message.

Once they duo response you will have to click on verification link and send back the message that you verified.

yourmohsin

More than 24 hours and my voucher is not working too. Plan is expired and I am out of connectivity. I am pissed off too and will switch to other telecom. Wasting too much time on recharging voucher, looking around for solution, requesting @CS_Agent  and waiting and waiting without service is not worth to stay with PM.

@geogeo77 wrote:

Pharmaprix...5 years now,never had an issue til today

@geogeo77  I don't think it's the retailer's fault, from the increase in the number of customer complaints it appears to be a Public Mobile issue with their backend systems. Hang in there hopefully they will fix it soon and ...Happy Birthday!! Smiley Happy

@kovu104You probably have better traction by making a complaint to CCTS https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/methods-of-submitting-a-complaint/

Good luck

yourmohsin

@kovu104 

@CS_Agent 

Only customers going to suffer and eventually PB may loose some of them. 

kovu104

Was told by Shoppers its a Public Mobile issue as I tried 3 different vouchers Macs Circle K and Zehres All Failed and are instant codes NOTHING ON THE RECEIPT IS STATING a wait TIME WHERE IS THE PROCUDURE ON THIS PM a LINK to the Information would be nice. 

IT IS A PM ISSUE END OF STORY

yourmohsin

Around 24 hours for me and voucher bought from shoppers is still not working. 

Some members are mentioning that its not PB's fault rather its retairs' fault.

I think this is Public Mobile's fault because they authorise the retailers to sell their vouchers.

@geogeo77 wrote:

If you tried calling 611 without sucess...take the card back to retailer and ask for replacement / refund. ..but wait untl after you have cake and ice cream !!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @geogeo77 

Happy birthday

I just sent you a link in the private message to a card you may be interested in.

Cheers

geogeo77

thank you 🙂

geogeo77

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@geogeo77 wrote:

Bought a 40$ voucher 20 hours ago and it wont accept it. This is ridiculous,now my account is suspended and I have no phone on my birthday like wtf public mobile...makes me feel like switching provider

BTW...Happy Birthday to you....

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@geogeo77Where did you purchase the voucher.. it sucks but it is not Public Mobile's fault.. it is the vendor who delays entering the code to PM's main database. I ususally see 7-11 staff enter the code in a seperate machine right away.. they seem to be really quick about it.. but it seems Shoppers take a while. Good luck.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Don't blame you at all. Sometimes retail sellers of the voucher don't activate them until several hours later...but 20 hours is unacceptable service. Can you make a credit card payment and then get PM to look into your voucher issue later ?

You can send a message to moderators for their input on your voucher problem though....Click this to message them

Please be patient as it could take 48 hours to get a response...usually much less.

Try calling 611 to add the voucher payment to your acct.

Need Help? Let's chat.