cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non payment?

Sunshine20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tue Nov 12 paid for the new month, received text acknowledging payment received. Today received a text saying that payment is due on the 15th, this is the second time this has happened. Why are you not applying the payment to the account or not applying it properly so I do not get these text messages, or are you trying to make me pay double for the service.

14 REPLIES 14

@Sunshine20 wrote:

Thank you.

You're welcome. PM can be a bit of a disconcerting adventure sometimes.

The good ship "PM Adventure".The good ship "PM Adventure".

On the other it's been uniformly boring (i.e. no problems) for my family's 5 accounts spanning 4+ years, and everyone's savings over the big 3 have paid for new phones. Robot Very Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Sunshine20

Thank you.

@Sunshine20 If you wish to see exactly when payment will be taken for your next renewal click My Rewards after logging into your self-serve account.

@Sunshine20 wrote:

Why wait for the 15th to apply payment to the account when payment was made on the 12th. Payment needs to be applied on the day it is actually received to stop stupid assed text messages from being sent and annoying customers.

Payment can only be applied on the due date which is every 30 days.  You just need to make sure you have funds available before that date, hence the heads up text alert from PM.

@Sunshine20 Moderators are PM employees that can access your account when there are problems. They are reached by submitting a ticket, as mentioned earlier.

Specifically, 

To get a ticket:

1. click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ or the ? on the lower right of this page,

2. enter "refund",

3. click "Contact us",

4. click "Submit ticket",

5. login (manually if your username/password are not filled in),

6. click the drop down menu (in the white area),

7. pick the topic that fits your issue and follow the directions to submit it,

8. If none of the topics are correct click Other/Something Else until you reach the blank form

@Sunshine20 wrote:

The first time I replied to the text saying that it was paid and they did originally say it was received. Got a text telling me to call *611, got another text later saying payment was received. This whole thing is bull**bleep**. As soon as payment is made and they actually receive the payment it should be applied to the account and that should stop all texts whether it is sent automatically or not. I am not aware of mods? and don't remember my pin #,  what is mods?

Mods are moderators who are employees of PM.  They are the ones to contact if you have service problems.  You can do that by clicking on the ? mark bottom right of this screen and then ask to 'speak with rep' and then 'contact us' and 'submit ticket'.

The rest of us replying here are customers like yourself, who can offer advice or suggestions for common minor issues.

Sunshine20

Why wait for the 15th to apply payment to the account when payment was made on the 12th. Payment needs to be applied on the day it is actually received to stop stupid assed text messages from being sent and annoying customers.

Sunshine20

The first time I replied to the text saying that it was paid and they did originally say it was received. Got a text telling me to call *611, got another text later saying payment was received. This whole thing is bull**bleep**. As soon as payment is made and they actually receive the payment it should be applied to the account and that should stop all texts whether it is sent automatically or not. I am not aware of mods? and don't remember my pin #,  what is mods?

@Sunshine20 wrote:

Everything is okay today, the concern is will it still be okay tomorrow or the day after as today is the 14th and payment is due on the 15th. Automatation is good but it causes headaches, stress, uncertainity etc. There should be live people who work for Public Mobile or Telus or whomever is the provider that can be reached by email, text or phone call. This is crap and has me reconsidering the decision to switch to Public Mobile.

If your payment is due tomorrow (15th), I wouldn't log into your account, because PM has alarming error messages showing (on day of payment) that the account is expired or suspended.  These messages can be ignored if everything is working fine with your phone.  Your payment will be applied overnight tomorrow.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sunshine20  You mentioned this is the second time this has happened. What happened the first time, did your phone stop working? Either way you should contact the mods using the ? to let them know what is happening. You will need your account number and PIN so they can verifiy who you are.  Cheers

Sunshine20

Everything is okay today, the concern is will it still be okay tomorrow or the day after as today is the 14th and payment is due on the 15th. Automatation is good but it causes headaches, stress, uncertainity etc. There should be live people who work for Public Mobile or Telus or whomever is the provider that can be reached by email, text or phone call. This is crap and has me reconsidering the decision to switch to Public Mobile.

@Sunshine20 wrote:

Payment was made and text received from Public Mobile that they received payment, yet today they say there payment is due on the 15th.

You can ignore that message, PM's text messages are automated and can be a bit of hit or miss.  If you have paid and everything is working fine with your phone services, there's no need for you to do anything further. 

Sunshine20

Payment was made and text received from Public Mobile that they received payment, yet today they say there payment is due on the 15th.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Sunshine20 wrote:

Tue Nov 12 paid for the new month, received text acknowledging payment received. Today received a text saying that payment is due on the 15th, this is the second time this has happened. Why are you not applying the payment to the account or not applying it properly so I do not get these text messages, or are you trying to make me pay double for the service.

PM usually sends a text alerting customers about upcoming payment due ahead of the payment date, so that you have time to make sure funds are available.

Need Help? Let's chat.