cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no account but am billed

LieseC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HELP! I never set up an account with Public Mobile but just realised I have monthly debits on my account since 05-Nov-19 (when I cancelled with Koodo) as PUBLIC MOBILE 855-4782542 BC for $36.96.

10 REPLIES 10

@geopublic wrote:

@LieseC  Again, since you do not have an account with Public Mobile contacting the Moderators will be a waste of time. Call your credit card company dispute the charges and ask them to issue you a new credit card because it appears that your credit card has been compromised.

It may be helpful to speak to the MOD's as part of the investigation but yes calling the Credit card company would be your best bet. And another good practice is set up email verification anytime your card gets charged with push notifications as well.  Maybe have the CCD company contact public to find out the person using the card. 

@LieseC  Call your credit card company and get the transaction numbers/merchant authorization details to pass onto the moderators. This will make it easier for them to trace the erroneous billing and speed up the resolution.

@LieseC  Again, since you do not have an account with Public Mobile contacting the Moderators will be a waste of time. Call your credit card company dispute the charges and ask them to issue you a new credit card because it appears that your credit card has been compromised.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@LieseC wrote:

HELP! I never set up an account with Public Mobile but just realised I have monthly debits on my account since 05-Nov-19 (when I cancelled with Koodo) as PUBLIC MOBILE 855-4782542 BC for $36.96.

You can send a message to the MODs because this seems like a bit of a different case that you might not be able to get to SImon with. Although you can open a ticket with SIMon. 

But, it can't hurt to send a message to the moderators explaining your circumstances. You can send a private message to Moderators here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@LieseC You need to contact both, PM moderators through direct message as was provided previously + your credit card organization to dispute the charges.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@LieseC 

You can contact moderators directly https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

You could try disputing it with your cc 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@LieseC  Public can't help you with that. Best to call your credit card company and dispute the charges.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

How much were your bills from Koodo before you cancelled?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Choose the 3 vertical dots to edit out personal info. This is a public forum.dots.jpg

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator:

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Need Help? Let's chat.