cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newly bought account is suspended

SergeyZ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi!

On September 30 I bought in Walmart a SIM card with a number and payed to cashier 90$ for 90 days Canada-wide Talk, international text and 1,5 Gigs.

I can not call or text any numbers. I get a voice message "We can not complete your call". The IVR on *611 said that "My account is suspended because the payment was expired on 30 September"

On my account I see this:
Available Funds: $5.00
Next plan renewal date: Dec 29, 2018

Estimated amount due: $85.00

Please help 🙂

12 REPLIES 12

SergeyZ

@CS_Agent

Hi!

Please consider my personal message. I am a newcomer and I really need my phone working Heart

@SergeyZ wrote:

@stonechucker @mimmo

Thank you!

It is curious) 

In my plan details I see:

• This plan includes: -
  • - 1.5GB at 3G Speed /90 Days
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

Data also doesn't work. Phone model is iPhone SE, after reseting network an APN was isp.mb.com but I also tried sp.mb.com

Dropped a PM to moderator_team

From you screenshot it appears to me that you ended up with a "build your own plan" which credit you for the 3 choices (talk, text & data), which is what it does, but then only recharged you for the base 90 day plan and data as @stonechucker mentioned. Hence why it only took $85 versus $90 for the 90 day Talk, Text & Data that you say is showing under you active account. So as others as mentioned, MODs is the only ones to fix it.

Well, that makes even less sense now.  Is there more than one page of transactions available to you?

I'm assuming no, and that this is your first time (or latest signup) with Public Mobile.

SergeyZ

@stonechucker @mimmo

Thank you!

It is curious) 

In my plan details I see:

• This plan includes: -
  • - 1.5GB at 3G Speed /90 Days
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

Data also doesn't work. Phone model is iPhone SE, after reseting network an APN was isp.mb.com but I also tried sp.mb.com

Dropped a PM to moderator_team

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

@SergeyZ, you originally selected what appears to be the province wide calling, international text, and 1.5 GB of data plan, for $90.

That was done with $90 in vouchers it appears.  Then another $90 was added afterwards, and the $85 1.5 GB of data over 90-day cycle was immediately activated and leaving a $5 balance.

I don't know what plan you were expecting to get, but at the moment, it's a data only plan.

@stonechuckergood catch,  the transaction order of things did seem funny,  but it said pick three with talk.., wondering if there was some sort of activation issue.  mods are the only people tahn can make teh needed changes at this point.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

SergeyZ

@Dunkman

Thank you for your help!

I have tried, but no.
I don't think so, because when I call 611 and choice #4 it says that my account will expire on September 30, 2108.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you will probably need mod help ( 48-72 hour turnaround).  my last troubleshooting questions are:

1) you are conneteced to the public mobile network?  ( you probably are)

2) do incoming calls/texts work?  (people in the past had an issues with making calls but could receive them)

3) does data work?  did you set up APN?

@SergeyZ, you originally selected what appears to be the province wide calling, international text, and 1.5 GB of data plan, for $90. **EDIT** Canda Wide may also have been selected - same price.

That was done with $90 in vouchers it appears.  Then another $90 was added afterwards, and the $85 1.5 GB of data over 90-day cycle was immediately activated and leaving a $5 balance.

I don't know what plan you were expecting to get, but at the moment, it's a data only plan.

Sorry, heading to work.  Hopefully, the rest of the community members can help you resolve your issue.....

@SergeyZ

According to your payment history and provided information, you should have an active account.  It potentially might be a phone/hardware issue.  Try re-booting your phone, maybe do a network reset.  Which model phone do you have? 

You can also try your Public Mobile sim in a different phone (if available).  To determine whether it is a hardware versus service issue.  

SergeyZ

@Dunkman

Thank you!

Account Status: Active. It is a new number. Payments are below:

payments.JPG

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@SergeyZ

In your self service account, is your account status active or suspended?  

Did Walmart rep activate your account/SIM card for you?  Did you port over number or get a new number?

What does your payment history show?

Need Help? Let's chat.