cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my mobile number is locked

Hannan1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

My number is locked due to i did not know that my bill is overharged and I have not paid it yet because I do not know how to pay. I got my number from previous owner and apparently he made an account for my number so I can not login and pay. Moreover I have tried to contact him but I could not approach him. Still my number is disconnected which is very annoying; I can not make any phone calls or recieve any texts. I need your help ASAP. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

NC2000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you try to pay it how you normally do it should take off the block. I would suggest getting a new activation too, in order to be able to access your account, as suggested from other users.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Hannan1 wrote:

Hello, 

My number is locked due to i did not know that my bill is overharged and I have not paid it yet because I do not know how to pay. I got my number from previous owner and apparently he made an account for my number so I can not login and pay. Moreover I have tried to contact him but I could not approach him. Still my number is disconnected which is very annoying; I can not make any phone calls or recieve any texts. I need your help ASAP. Thanks

Unless you regain access to your account by contacting him, or convincing the moderators to do so, he could take over your number at any timeRobot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Hannan1 See if you can call 611. If so, you could pay for your plan with a voucher.

Voucher locations: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

Vouchers on-line: recharge.com , https://www.ding.com

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Yeah, @geopublic , I was pondering how this sort of thing could be solved, and I'd agree - @Hannan1 , you'd  be better off getting a new phone number, and then creating your own account, using your own email address, PIN, etc., and that way if an issue arises, you'll have the necessary info at hand, without having to rely on someone else that can't be reached.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Hannan1 whose name is the account under? If you can prove the account is yours. Then contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket 

However If you aren't attached to your number I would recommend taking advantage of the current deal and cancelling this account since, by your own admittance you have no control over it.

@Hannan1 wrote:

Hello, 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Hannan1 wrote:

Hello, 

@Hannan1 if that's the case and assuming you are not tied to that number why not just start a new activation. If you need help just go to a Walmart and they will activate a new sim for you instead of trying to deal with the current situation.

If a new activation is not feasible then you need to submit a ticket to PM for help.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.