cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my CC has issues, I manually paid using vouchers

edwinx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I have some issues with my CC so auto pay will fail but I put some money into my account using pre-paid vouchers.

When its time  to pay, will the system take the money out of my account first?  Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7

edwinx

Thanks

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Pro tip: buy gas card/gift card when they go on sale, then use them to buy PM voucher!  Canadian tire gas card goes on sale (10% off) a couple times a year!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@edwinx unfortunately, you've gotten two pieces of bad information above, mixed in with the good stuff.

#1:  you do not need to turn off autopay so long as you have enough in your available funds balance to pay for the renewal.  As the system won't try to do a top-up from your card, there's no harm in leaving it on, and this ensures you will get your AutoPay discount as well.  I'd suggest you leave it on.

#2:  you do NOT need to put enough into your available funds to cover taxes.  You are taxed on the payment or top-up, which means you were charged taxes by the voucher vendor when you purchased your voucher.  The pre-tax amount was credited to your available funds balance when you redeemed the voucher, and your plan costs that show in self-serve are al pre-tax amounts.  If it says your estimated payment is, for example, $72, then you would need to have $72 at a minimum in your available funds.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

edwinx

awesome, thanks guys!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@edwinx, if you have enough money in your "Available Funds" your credit card won't be charged anything.  Just make sure that the amount you have in your account will cover the tax as well.  Amounts listed in the accounts for what is owed is net of tax and will be added to that amount.

ETA thanks to @srlawren for the clarification and it makes sense as I described it you would be charged tax twice

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The system will take any rewards you have earned into account first, then will pull from the balance in your account.

If your CC will fail, make sure you turn off auto pay until you sort it out.

If you topped up using vouchers and have enough of a balance, then you're good to go.  Just let the system do its thing on your renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.