cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

money roll over for prepaid cards

RODNEY2008
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

if I pay 40.00 does this for sure cover 2 months or should I not bother and only buy 20.00 thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

randolphbenoit

yes was an example the $81

@randolphbenoit wrote:

Ya when I buy top up Vouchers at post office I pay tax on the amount. So amount paid for is the amount added to account. Only issue i have is the amount options... wish I can say I need Voucher for say $81.00 vs having to pick from options ($10, 22, 25, 28, 40, 43, 48) which can end up being more than I need at the time.

@randolphbenoit

I know that you likely used $81 as an example.

However, if you are actually still paying $81/90days for provincial talk & unlimited texts you should go into your self serve account and do a future dated plan change to exactly the same 90 day provincial talk and unlimited text plan. This way you will profit from the lower cost of $75/90days (minus any rewards you might have - remember, if you have a credit card on file you get $2/30days or $6/90days off, even if you pay with vouchers).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@randolphbenoit, RTN might be the thing I was referring to.   I think it goes directly into your account,  or something like that.   Also think it allows any amount.   Perhaps someone else in the community can confirm. 

randolphbenoit

I only one place to get voucher that my local post office on machine shows PM PIN (options10, 22, 25, 28, 40, 43, 48) other is PM RTN I think but unsure what that means

Anonymous
Not applicable

@randolphbenoit, I believe I have seen posts about locations that sell vouchers in any amount.   Not sure where they were available.   Might be called real time vouchers,  or something like that.  As for having extra,  it remains in your account,  so you can simply use it the next month. 

randolphbenoit

Ya when I buy top up Vouchers at post office I pay tax on the amount. So amount paid for is the amount added to account. Only issue i have is the amount options... wish I can say I need Voucher for say $81.00 vs having to pick from options ($10, 22, 25, 28, 40, 43, 48) which can end up being more than I need at the time.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jp2 Im in Alberta

jp2

@wetcoaster unless you are in Alberta then it's plan + GST + 0 Smiley LOL

RODNEY2008

if I got two 20 $ cards =40 tax will be close to 50.09 I knew that 

@meocon wrote:

@RODNEY2008 If your plan is $20 a month, yes $40 is enough to cover 2months. Make sure your balance included tax

Poor @meocon, it sure looks like I'm picking on you tonight...

Tax is paid at point of sale. If the OP is buying a prepaid voucher (this is what I understand from the thread title) they will be paying tax to the vendor (Canadian Tire Gas Bar, Shoppers Drug Mart, 7-11, their local corner store etc). The face value of $40 is applied to the account and fully available for buying services.

(If you apply an amount directly with your credit in your self serve account it will ask you for the amount you want to add to available funds, in this case $40. Your credit card statement will show $40 + GST + PST (or HST), according your province of residence.)

meocon

@RODNEY2008 If your plan is $20 a month, yes $40 is enough to cover 2months. Make sure your balance included tax

Need Help? Let's chat.