cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making a payment using the money already on account

Yogi85
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I set my account up to automaticly add money to my cell as it needs it?

18 REPLIES 18

@Yogi85 

With a clear browser and using secret/incognito mode go to the plans and add ons page and  choose the $5/500 min add on and submit the payment from your balance. Check your overview for it to appear and start dialing. You can do the same with data add ons or purchase it thru 611. However you cannot purchase the $5/500min add on thru 611 as @Dunkman  stated.....it was never added. And you do need your pin# to access your credit card and purchase add ons thru 611.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yogi85 wrote:

Yes I always have funds in my account and it does update every 30 days. I was hoping that if I run out of minutes of air time, it would auto update to keep it going. If not then this is something you should consider as it would help anyone using your service and run out of time.I find it inconvenient to make it the store to buy more time at the time I truly need it.

I think you might be confusing with pay-as-you-go services. This is not. This is a pre-paid plan service.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Yogi85 wrote:

Yes I always have funds in my account and it does update every 30 days. I was hoping that if I run out of minutes of air time, it would auto update to keep it going. If not then this is something you should consider as it would help anyone using your service and run out of time.I find it inconvenient to make it the store to buy more time at the time I truly need it.

With the money in Available Funds buy yourself the 500 minute Canada Wide Long Distance add on for $5. When you run out of minutes this add on will be used. The unused minutes are rolled over each month until consumed. Your plan minutes are always used first before this one. Also make sure to get the 2 free holiday promos of 2 GB of data and the 500 international minutes that you can also use in Canada.

@Yogi85 wrote:

@Yogi85 

Actually, for most customers, that is the advantage for Public mobile.  If you run out of minutes or data, you will not be charged.  No overages.  I don't think that it will change.  

However, you do not need to go in store to buy more time.  You just need to purchase an minutes add on ($5 for 500 Canada wide minutes, $15 for 1 GB data) from home either via your self service account or dialing 611 on your phone.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-611

As mentioned in my previous post, you can get your free holiday add on and that should help you in the next little while if you run out of minutes or data.

@Yogi85 wrote:

It doesn't update till the time it is to be renewed. Like if it comes do on say the 18th and my air time runs out on the 11th. The phone is down till the 18th. I was hoping that it would see that there was money on the account and auto update using the money that is sitting waiting to be used.

@Yogi85 

There are no pay-per-use charges at Public Mobile. Funds in your account can only be used to pay for add-ons or for plan renewals.

Yogi85

@Yogi85 

@Yogi85 wrote:

Thanks ,but I already knew this. What I wanted to know is how do I use the money I already have on my account. 

Maybe we are not understanding your situation correctly.  

You have available funds in your account, correct? 

Then each month, with your payment date, the available funds should be withdrawn to pay for the next 30 day cycle  

If you used up ie. minutes or data during a 30 day cycle, it will just stop working. PM will not withdraw funds automatically.  You will need to purchase the add on manually.  Any used portion of add on (either data or minutes) will roll over to next month.

BTW, have you purchased your free holiday add ons.  this might help your situation since you are on low usage plan.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

Yogi85

It's already in your Public Mobile account balance, but it will not update until the date it come do.

Yogi85

It doesn't update till the time it is to be renewed. Like if it comes do on say the 18th and my air time runs out on the 11th. The phone is down till the 18th. I was hoping that it would see that there was money on the account and auto update using the money that is sitting waiting to be used.

Yogi85

Thanks ,but I already knew this. What I wanted to know is how do I use the money I already have on my account. 

@Yogi85 

If you have extra funds in your account, you still need to manually buy whichever add on you need.  Public mobile is prepaid.  You will not be charged extra.  No surprise overages.  Once something runs out, it just stops work.  

For example, if you ran out of data, your data will just stop even if you have funds in your account.  You will need to access your self service account or dial 611 to purchase extra data add on.  1GB data add on for $30.  

Actually, if you are worried about data running out, you coud just buy an add on right now and keep it just in case.  Unused data from add on will roll over to next month.  

Yogi85

Well I use a low usage plan. So I top it up once a month. I then bought enough for 6 months to carry me over thinking if I han out of time it would auto pay from the money sitting wating to be used, but this never happens.

Yogi85

Well it hasn't done that as yet. This has happened only a couple of times. It was close to the end of the time but was without my cell for only a few days.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Yogi85 wrote:

What do you mean by already on account? If it's already in your Public Mobile account balance, you don't need to do anything.

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If balance in your account is at least the amount of your plan, it will automatically be used to pay your plan on your renewal day.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Yogi85 wrote:

If you mean adding a CC to set up autopay then you need to log into your account and select 'Payment' tab and scroll down the page to select 'Manage Autopay'.  There you will be able to add your CC and setup autpay.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You cannot. You have to top-up manually or use autopay as preauthorized payment to pay for your phone plan.

In additional if you need anything more which is not included with your plan, you have to add the funds to your account and then use the funds to purchase the add-on you want. The advantage is that you will never be charged extra for something you did not buy.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Yogi85It should be automatic if your balance in your account can cover the cost of your plan

Need Help? Let's chat.