cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

length of my service

baldy1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Where do I find my inception date with Public Mobile? 

23 REPLIES 23

To me a banner showing “Public Mobile Customer since December 02, 2018” at the top of my Self Serve would just be a good advertising thing reminding me how long I have been here. Or it could be across the top of the banner that shows your lifetime total accumulated Rewards.

But, yeah not a necessity of life.

AE_Collector

@HALIMACS wrote:

For sure, @Korth 

Account inception date is probably only important to know when one is waiting for their first or next loyalty increment.

I can't imagine another reason to need to know that - unless it's sheer curiosity

Usually, that's the case, but the account activation date/timeframe is also used for account verification.

For sure, @Korth 

Account inception date is probably only important to know when one is waiting for their first or next loyalty increment.

I can't imagine another reason to need to know that - unless it's sheer curiosity

@HALIMACS wrote:

So it may be more likely the OP start date may have been closer to the Community start date.

The community registration date (shown in the user profile) would be a more precise calendar marker. Most new customers activate their PM Self-Serve and their PM Community accounts on the same day (to qualify for Community Rewards). Though some people do join the Community earlier (to ask setup/joining questions) or later (to get a problem fixed) or not at all.

The only other options for determining origin date are history (if it's still being shown on newer accounts), calculating back from AutoPay or Referral Rewards (if the activation dates for these are known), the oldest "Public Mobile here..." message on your phone (if you're still using the same phone), or any paleo-email you might be able to dig up from a prehistoric signup era.

People almost always ask this question because they haven't seen an increase in Loyalty Reward, they're uncertain when it should happen and/or they think they've been ripped off.

It's been asked and answered and discussed many times before.

You basically get a "one year" increment on Loyalty Reward on the first billing cycle after one year is complete ... which is typically on billing cycle #14.

Because you're buying prepaid 30-day billing cycle #13 after you've completed twelve 30-day billing cycles, on day 360 after service activation, which is still less than a full year. Meaning that you don't actually get the "one year" discount until 390 days after signup (plus any days which weren't counted during extended periods of account suspension). Subsequent Loyalty Reward increases continue to be staggered, although it just happens to "break even" on year 5 when all those extra days add up to a full month.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Loyalty-Rewards/m-p/502195

@hTideGnow wrote:

Reading to old thread and found "Public Lab".  I am new and never see this , so I guess there is no more lab??

@hTideGnow   I think the lab has been discontinued for about 3 years at least now.  I'm not sure why it was discontinued, certainly seems like a good idea where customers could provide some useful suggestions and feedback to PM.

@Korth 

Thanks for explaining. I have seen discussion of this badge previously but didn’t really understand it until now.

So all that it verifies here is that the OP was a customer on 03-07-2018.

AE_Collector

Reading to old thread and found "Public Lab".  I am new and never see this , so I guess there is no more lab??

Also, it looks good that back in the day they had a little report of what archived in that year.  it really show customers that they are improving and its a business that they care.   I don't see it now.  It really look to me that they are  just maintaining an old dying car  😞

Oh, that's good to know, @Korth   Thanks.   👍

That would explain some things/differences I'm noticing amongst user's badges.

So it may be more likely the OP start date may have been closer to the Community start date.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hi @baldy1 

If I were to hazard a more accurate guess, see this 3 year anniversary badge you earned.

It would suggest your account inception date would have been around February/March 2015:

HALIMACS_0-1618769660523.png

That badge does not signify three years since signup, three years of Loyalty.

It was issued to all customers to celebrate the third anniversary of a PM event. There were second anniversary and third anniversary badges - but no first anniversary badge and no subsequent anniversary badges - awarded to all PM customers (or at least to all PM community members) regardless of their actual loyalty tenure.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/It-s-our-second-year-anniversary/td-p/1...

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@HALIMACS 

Did you find that in Badges???

Yes, it was in the user's badges.

Presume it's accurate... however I've noticed they seem to have maybe stopped assigning those "Anniversary Badges" in recent years.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@baldy1 : So I'm wondering why you're asking. Are you seeing $5 for the loyalty reward? If so, that's it. You're maxed out.

@HALIMACS 

Did you find that in Badges???

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @baldy1 

If I were to hazard a more accurate guess, see this 3 year anniversary badge you earned.

It would suggest your account inception date would have been around February/March 2015:

HALIMACS_0-1618769660523.png

baldy1

THANK YOU HALIMACS!

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@baldy1 wrote:

Hi @baldy1  you registered in the community on 11-21-2017 so you must have joined Public Mobile thereabouts.  

Enjoy the rest of the weekend

Aloha

RosieR

baldy1

It does not go back far enough in time.

No need to reply, will try another method.

Your willingness to help is much appreciated.

@baldy1 

Do you recall setting up the Community account at around the same time?

If so, see this - possibly November 2017?

HALIMACS_0-1618769122964.png

@baldy1 wrote:

Where do I find my inbox?

@baldy1 your Email Inbox Folder.

@baldy1 wrote:

Top of page on right side...click the little envelope icon and click InBox.

Edit....check your regular email In Box as well.

baldy1

Look at your next payment date.

Build a simple excel program.  

Enter your next payment date. 

Then deduct in increments of 30. 

One of the dates will be it. 

Also a credit card transaction date will help.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@baldy1 wrote:

@baldy1 ,

There is nothing in Self Serve that tells you this; would be handy though.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@baldy1 , check your inbox for the timestamp of the welcome email when you first set up the online account.  If you have historically used autopay, you can count the autopay rewards and back out a month.  

Need Help? Let's chat.