cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jan 3 my plan stopped working and i had to pay $40 more to start my plan again???!!

twlau65
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have always been on auto plan. I have been with public mobile for 2 years at least now.

In January this month my plan suddenly stopped and when i went on public mobile account, i saw the message: Insufficient funds.. like wtf i am always on auto pay why all of a sudden i can't my card? I also had $25 credit which i can use towards my $40 monthly plan.

I ended up using my credit paid 2 times because it wasnt accepting my card for some reason and now i see my cc has been charged twice

Jan 3, 2020Personal & Household ExpensesPUBLIC MOBILE 855-4782542, BC
4500********0310
−$44.80

4500********0310
−$16.80

im very annoyed because now i have  frigging $40 credit.  How on earth did my auto pay suddenly stop working? I had to go on with one whole day of no phone service before i could get back home to login to my account to find out why.

Also can someone explain to me why i never got a $2 discount from being setup on auto pay? 

I demand the $40 to be refunded back to my credit card because im not benefiting public mobile by paying in advance to them and have my money sit there. What happens if my auto pay suddenly stops working again for Feb?? Am i going to have to use the $40 that i banked and pay a second time because of these error messages i got this month and have another $40 sit in my account? 

19 REPLIES 19

KennethRhynold
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

should not have to pay extra money before the next payment is due. This must be a glitch in the system that should be addresswd

ScottyB

why are you responding on a public forum where everyone can see my information you are carelessly showing to everyone.  This is very unprofessional and I do not approve.  That is what private messages are for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious , @CS_Agent 

Yeah I'm not sure either. At least there was no specific private information posted. Although nor can I decipher exactly what all the mod said. 🤔

Oh well. Let's hope the OP is up and running now.

@ScottyB 

Im assuming you have now restored your service and the moderator has responded with a possible explanation but that question regarding payments made on a card with a now invalid expiry date is a question for your bank or card issuer as they were the ones who authorized the payment.

Did you recieve a new card a few months ago and the card recently expired? Do you have other pre authorized payments set up independent of your bank that also failed or did you update them and forget to update your public mobile account?

Im not quite sure why the moderator responded here but if you dont know where your private message box is.....its located at the top right corner of your screen the envelope icon next to your avatar.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

deleted

ScottyB

Apparently you couldnt do the transaction because I got a new card and the expiry date changed.  But what I find odd is this was done a few months ago in March so how were you able to do the transaction for the last three months since it has been changed?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there Scott,

Thank you very much for your response.

Please just check with the bank as soon as possible and let us know the resolution.

Have you made up your mind about purchasing a voucher for the moment?

I am waiting for your response.

Wish you a great day,

Ana

ScottyB

Then what is the sense of having automatic payment if it doesnt work all the time?  I have auto payments set up with my bank and they have NEVER screwed up like this.

@ScottyB 

Unfortunately autopay is not infallible. The only way to absolutely guarantee not to lose your service is to manually pay for your service before your renewal occurs. The autopay system attempts a payment only once if it fails for whatever the reason it is not programmed to make multiple attempts. If you dont recieve the second text message after your rewards text at noon et (9am pt for me) telling you your plan successfully renewed you know something is wrong but chances are you will recieve neither text because your service has already been suspended.

ScottyB

Same thing has now happened to me.  I have been with them for almost a year and have auto pay set up and my phone just up and stopped working.  I log in and see the same bloody thing as you, insufficient funds!  How is this possible when I have over 1000 dollars free on the card I use?!?!?  I mean how many important calls have I missed over this?!?!?

Would be interesting to see if there's a corrolation with credit card type / financial institution where most of the autopay failures are occurring...

@CannonFodder  @Anonymous @twlau65   Absolutely nothing is fool proof around here. You are bound to have some kind of issue at some point of time. I faithfully subscribe to the top up your account before renewal club. My account renewal still failed. This month it started the process a day early and finished about 40 hours later without applying my promo. It's pm life. I'm saving  over $71 a month an 85% reduction in my previous bills. I'll put up the occasional fail by pm.

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree it should be bulletproof. But also remember that we see all the complaints and problems around here.

Oh for sure, if there were no complaints, this Community site would be a ghost town, BUT this particular complaint keeps popping up. Yes, certain other complaints keep popping up as well, but you'd think that auto-pay SHOULD be as you said - "bulletproof".

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CannonFodder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

As for the auto-pay not working, I've seen it mentioned here many, MANY times that it is an issue that needs to be addressed. Some people use their cards to add funds to their accounts JUST before their renewal date, to avoid the same issue as you've now run into.

And yet many thousands of people renew with autopay without a care in the world.

As did the OP, apparently, for about 2 yrs. now, up until this point.....

I agree it should be bulletproof. But also remember that we see all the complaints and problems around here.

@Anonymous wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

As for the auto-pay not working, I've seen it mentioned here many, MANY times that it is an issue that needs to be addressed. Some people use their cards to add funds to their accounts JUST before their renewal date, to avoid the same issue as you've now run into.

And yet many thousands of people renew with autopay without a care in the world.

As did the OP, apparently, for about 2 yrs. now, up until this point.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CannonFodder wrote:

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@twlau65 wrote:

I also had $25 credit which i can use towards my $40 monthly plan.

What happens if my auto pay suddenly stops working again for Feb?? Am i going to have to use the $40 that i banked and pay a second time because of these error messages i got this month and have another $40 sit in my account? 

First of all, if you want the money refunded to your card, yes, you'll need to do as the other folks said, and contact the Moderator team.

As for the $25 credit you had, since your card was charged $16.80, that $25 was clearly used as partial payment for your plan, i.e. $40 - $25 = $15, which, when adding in the taxes, comes out to $16.80. And no, since you now have $40 sitting in your account, if you left it, at the next renewal date, your plan would be paid for.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@twlau65 wrote:

I have always been on auto plan. I have been with public mobile for 2 years at least now.

In January this month my plan suddenly stopped and when i went on public mobile account, i saw the message: Insufficient funds.. like wtf i am always on auto pay why all of a sudden i can't my card? I also had $25 credit which i can use towards my $40 monthly plan.

I ended up using my credit paid 2 times because it wasnt accepting my card for some reason and now i see my cc has been charged twice

4500********0310
−$44.80

4500********0310
−$16.80

im very annoyed because now i have  frigging $40 credit.  How on earth did my auto pay suddenly stop working? I had to go on with one whole day of no phone service before i could get back home to login to my account to find out why.

Also can someone explain to me why i never got a $2 discount from being setup on auto pay? 

I demand the $40 to be refunded back to my credit card because im not benefiting public mobile by paying in advance to them and have my money sit there. What happens if my auto pay suddenly stops working again for Feb?? Am i going to have to use the $40 that i banked and pay a second time because of these error messages i got this month and have another $40 sit in my account? 

@twlau65  For now, I can advise sending a message to the moderators though this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Explain the situation, and they can look into it. OR click the "?" in the lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions to create a ticket. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@twlau65 wrote:

4500********0310
−$44.80

4500********0310
−$16.80

@twlau65  Best to take it up with the PM moderator team. 

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.