cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invoice

Chris77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I am on autopay, my account was debited today, which is fine, how do I get a receipt or invoice for my business?

thanks

81 REPLIES 81

@barndoor The info is given on computer screen when paying or on store's receipt.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just as a follow up and  as per the CRA website ... not much HST information is needed on  invoices under $30 

Information requirements for sales invoicesInformation required Under $30 $30 to $149.99 $150 or more

Supplier's business or trading name, or an intermediary's nameYesYesYes
Date of invoice or, if no invoice issued, the date tax is paid or payableYesYesYes
Total amount paid or payableYesYesYes
An indication of the total amount of GST/HST charged or that the amount paid or payable for each taxable supply (other than zero-rated supplies) includes the GST/HST at the applicable rateNoYesYes
An indication of which items are taxed at the GST rate and which are taxed at the HST rateNoYesYes
The supplier's business number (BN) or an intermediary's BNNoYesYes
Your name or trading name or the name of their authorized agent or representativeNoNoYes
A brief description of the goods or servicesNoNoYes
Terms of paymentNoNoYes

.. even he wins..it will take years.. Fighting the Big Monster. LoL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : I hope he reports back his results. But he doesn't have a very high opinion of the people here so whatever.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious : Well the OP is long gone now but as we know, future readers do come across things. So it's all for their benefit.

@Anonymous  OP already stayed longer than he thought.. he said that was his last post and no more reply.. but end up he replied 5 or 6 more.

OP really upset.. i wonder if we will ever see him again.

@softech 

It's hardly little....have you seen the size of this thing? It takes up my whole basement!

@darlicious  honest I wonder how you count the # of posts too.. i worry you will overheat your Uniavc 5000.. month end here.. your nice little machine already working overtime.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Well the OP is long gone now but as we know, future readers do come across things. So it's all for their benefit.

@Anonymous 

Thanks for the compliment!

It took awhile to count all those posts....lol!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : CRA. Business. ITC's. Your excellent long explanation many pages ago touched on the likely rarity of the few customers that use this service for a business thereby making it unlikely that the company would do anything. I also agree with you that I would have to bet that Telus lawyers are well aware of what's legally allowed and that what's here is sufficient. Ask and ye shall receive seems to be enough.

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

Why is this line so hard for people to see and/or understand?

no idea.. they start talking about legal  and I am worry..😰

@CFPartDeux 

Thank you. As I suspected....looks like the OP wants to take on the whole prepaid mobile industry in his crusade!

@softech 

Why is this line so hard for people to see and/or understand?

Credit or Visa Debit payments include taxes based on the applicable province of your phone number. GST/HST# 10065 2692, QST# 10029 28058. Click here for Provincial and Federal tax rates.

I guess this is at least what need to be added:   "+tax", this could hopefully claim down many people here.    

We have been trying very hard to tell people tax on top of the amount they see, but people just keep coming back and argue it is not legal not to show the tax.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

Question. How does chatr show the taxes paid on prepaid accounts and automatic payments?

I just had to go have a look..... they actually don't show much of anything, i.e. they send a text, saying, "your autopayment of $x.xx + taxes has been confirmed", and the total amount shows up on the credit card statement.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : cfpartdeux has some... shall we say...history here. Don't take it personally.

CFPartDeux

@softech wrote:

@CFPartDeux  oops.. that hurts...

Shouldn't hurt at all, because it's completely true.

@CFPartDeux  oops.. that hurts...

CFPartDeux

@Anonymous wrote:

@barndoor : I would be totally opposed to fellow customers being able to look at my account

ESPECIALLY when some of 'em are completely untrustworthy! 🙄

@CFPartDeux 

Question. How does chatr show the taxes paid on prepaid accounts and automatic payments?

keep in mind Oracles are not PM staff and hence they shouldn't be able to access our accounts

Saying they, I think PM should give Oracles some direct chat access with whoever Mod on duty.   If Oracle see issue that that thing it is pressing, critical , they should have way to ping the Mod so those issues could be looked into it immediately by Mod.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : I would be totally opposed to fellow customers being able to look at my account. We can see screenshots and describe that just fine to people. As long as they don't put up personal info of course.

Here's a little cash flow of my idea. All assuming the plan and rewards stay the same. Loyalty will go up somewhere in here. Referrals could come and go. Interesting outcome using autopay.

BalanceDepositAvailable FundsRewardsAfter renewalIf autopay

GST20   19.8
ATLANTIC HST54   54.45

barndoor

Oops 

edited to add @softech  i don't know, Rogers had a pretty thriving community and they offered no rewards. 

As far as 24/7 support ...why not give the oracles and mayors account access at least to view .  That is one of the things that gets me when I see someone having an issue is the number of questions that may need to be asked  ,,,whereas if one of  you guys could just have a look you would likely be able to shave significant time off the troubleshooting phase . 

barndoor

OK @Anonymous ...thanks for the clarification ... I just   went with the $200 of ITCs he said he was losing ... I guess that means he must have 4 or 5 similar accounts  to have ITC's that high If he's gunna go the voucher route maybe suggest he buy $100 's and cut his travel expense to the store in half or more . 😉

Yet again seems like retail can make all kinds of changes to lure new customers  but those already here have to be prepared for status quo because ain't gunna be different any time soon .  

@barndoor wrote:

I suppose there is the other side of the coin as well where  if  as with the suggestions in this  thread, pm improves the site enough, maybe this board isn't needed or traffic is so reduced ... bye bye rewards  . There already seems to be lots of answers repeated over and over ...I can only assume to  gather rewards.

And one has to wonder why the simple suggestion   of putting an invoice button on the account page seemed to be poopooed rather than supported .... unless it might reduce traffic here ? 

I support any recommendation to improve the site.  I guess we are just trying to point out this is another most asked features.  

I totally agree that if they improve the site, implement all the improvements that everyone suggested, also add full time 24/7 support, we do not need this Community any more and then they can take away the reward completely (which is good, then they don't have to worry about tax after or tax before).    But of course, things does not come without a price tag associated with it.  I won't be surprise a rate hike would be coming in this the new model. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : Back on page 4, the OP posted a couple images. It shows he's on the $40 plan with $7 of rewards. Rewards get added to Available Funds at renewal.

I only offered it up as an idea to get all of his ITC's maximized and the records thereof without need of a moderator. And again, no one is poopooing the idea. Long time regulars around here would say good luck with that. ie. not likely gonna happen.

Well I did some research on the topic raised by @boom12admin and based on the limited information given by other prepaid providers.....unless you are a customer with an account it seems that public mobile is not any different from the others in displaying their transaction history without the already charged taxes. All providers mention taxes are charged on the prepaid top up methods but are not displayed in your transaction history or your balance. But are clearly stated on the payment page with links to the applicable provincial and territorial tax rates and shown before confirming and submitting a payment.

This is likely to keep it simple and not confuse customers as to how much is needed to cover plan amounts that are calculated in even dollar ($) amounts with different tax rates across the country. I am quite sure this an acceptable practice accepted by the CRA and fufills the tax requirements laid out in their legislation. Since this an industry wide practice when it comes to prepaid mobile accounts there really is no reason for the OP to get his knickers in a twist over this....

Now when it comes to invoices there has been many requests for this dating back to 2015. Approximately 180 requests made in the community. Given the entire pm subscribership its a drop in the bucket over 6 years and maybe a total of even a week (?) worths of work for a moderator? Being paid non-canadian standard wages?

I would imagine it is far, far less then the cost of redesign of the self serve account and incumbent sofware upgrades to satisfy what might be 180 requests for invoices per year if that? There is a minimum of 300,000 pm customers perfectly happy the way it is....including me who happens to get a paper bill for all my other monthly services. But given the price I pay for my pm services I am absolutely fine taking screenshots monthly of my account for my own record keeping. If I needed paper invoices then I would send a private message every 90/180/360 days as needed to the moderators and get on with it.

As far as rewards go sure for the hardest working volunteers here its nice to have a very low or $0 bill. Autopay and loyalty take no effort and almost every customer can "earn"  both of them. Those who put their salesman's hats on can earn fairly lucrative long lasting almost guaranteed rewards every month. Community rewards are a labour of love, learning, teaching and a touch of addiction!

When averaged my referrals earn me more rewards than my community rewards and both my accounts at the 5 year mark will earn me credit without any community participation. So really my community reward is the gravy.....it earns me credit. Given my current inability to work I look to save money anyway I can but still maintain a good quality of life. And helping out others contributes greatly to that and being able to still maintain a positive outook on life, good social connections and a healthy mental state. And the few of us here that churn out 5, 6, 7 or even 800 posts a month (ok I admit it I broke 900 this month...lol!😂) are at least able to keep a sharp mind!

Community rewards are a pittance to public mobile and have steadily declined even as community membership and participation has grown. Before any official badges are awarded I strongly suspect May 2021 will be pm's cheapest month on record given an adjustment for oracle team membership. By my estimate somewhere around $425. Oracles $180 Top contributors about $245. The previous low from last year.....$389. Oracles $100 Top contributors $289 So please the top 20 or so regulars that contribute hundreds of hours of their time every month really deserve a couple of more feathers in their cap not less and far less criticsm of their motivations.

@barndoor wrote:

Don't y'all do this for the love of helping people  not the rewards ??

I suppose there is the other side of the coin as well where  if  as with the suggestions in this  thread, pm improves the site enough, maybe this board isn't needed or traffic is so reduced ... bye bye rewards  . There already seems to be lots of answers repeated over and over ...I can only assume to  gather rewards.

And one has to wonder why the simple suggestion   of putting an invoice button on the account page seemed to be poopooed rather than supported .... unless it might reduce traffic here ? 

The motives for people being here are as individulized as each person is unique. While it is true the amount of time needed to earn higher reward amount isn't economical, take away the rewards, and I suspect that there will be very little activity on this website.

barndoor

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@barndoor : The rewards will accumulate. Eventually it would save up enough to cover a term. "Free".

Although this is unofficial so subject to change at any time without notice.

While this could change, as with anything around here, I wouldn't expect it to.  Public Mobile knows that doing that would upset some customers.  I believe that some of the more active members on this message board are some of the people who are likely to have a higher reward amount than the cost of the plan.  Imposing such a limit might very well make it so that there beomes little to no reason for continued Community participation. One might ask why someone would want to accumulate extra balance. This is so that it could be used in the future, possibly for a higher priced plan or for a renewal when there are less rewards available.

Don't y'all do this for the love of helping people  not the rewards ??

barndoor

Ok @Anonymous  ... I'm sorry your scenario isn't making sense for me  ... you are suggesting that this guy goes and buys a $40 voucher  to put on account  so he has a record of the HST   ...how big is his PM account in your scenario and where does the $7 of "reward" come from ?

@Anonymous wrote:

@barndoor : The rewards will accumulate. Eventually it would save up enough to cover a term. "Free".

Although this is unofficial so subject to change at any time without notice.

While this could change, as with anything around here, I wouldn't expect it to.  Public Mobile knows that doing that would upset some customers.  I believe that some of the more active members on this message board are some of the people who are likely to have a higher reward amount than the cost of the plan.  Imposing such a limit might very well make it so that there beomes little to no reason for continued Community participation. One might ask why someone would want to accumulate extra balance. This is so that it could be used in the future, possibly for a higher priced plan or for a renewal when there are less rewards available.

Need Help? Let's chat.